Author Topic: Would be awesume to see a feed from STL  (Read 7210 times)

Offline Breton

Would be awesume to see a feed from STL
« on: October 15, 2005, 12:19:36 AM »
Any chance someone could start a St. Louis, Mo. feed from Lambert International?

Offline tyketto

Re: Would be awesume to see a feed from STL
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 03:27:26 AM »
Quote from: Breton
Any chance someone could start a St. Louis, Mo. feed from Lambert International?

Let me answer this question with another..

Do you live near KSTL?

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 06:36:53 AM »
The reason BL answered your question with another question is simple.  We generally don't have the ability to go after feeds for certain airports.  There were exceptions in the earlier days of LiveATC.net where I (and one other member near Philadelphia who doesn't frequent the forums, but who continues to do great work on behalf of this project) put some spare equipment near JFK and PHL.

In general, we look for volunteers near airports to stream their local airports.  This results in a very interesting array of different feeds from around the world.  Sure, it would be great if we could get all of LAX or SFO on here, or all of MIA and ATL, and there is still some effort underway (please don't ask) to get more of the Class B airports on here.  But when people continually ask about it, all it does is waste everyone's time because there really is no way to answer the question each and every time.  Anyway, this will appear in a FAQ some time soon.  Remember, this is a volunteer effort, not a commercial, publicly traded company from which you might expect real results.  :-)

So, don't mean to sound like we're biting your head off, we're not.  It's just that we're looking for givers here, not merely takers.  So if you know someone who might be able to stream that airport, by all means have them contact us via the contact form.

-dave

Offline Breton

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 01:57:02 PM »
I live about 2 hours from the airport but I cant get any controllers.  I was just wondering if anyone had mentioned anything about it.