airtraffic

Author Topic: Wondering when KMSP will be back up?  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Wil in Minneapolis

Wondering when KMSP will be back up?
« on: April 17, 2018, 02:37:43 PM »
And also wondering if the person running the equipment has a Patreon account or other like wise situation so devoted KMSP listeners could perhaps help out monetarily when things die? I am starting to go through serious withdrawal symptoms here!  :-D

Tried to twitter a question about this over the weekend but I am not really sure how that all works and might have messed it up? (Did not help at all that I was in the process of heading back to MSP in a blizzard! Ha!)

Thank you in advance for any info.
Willow

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Wondering when KMSP will be back up?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 02:41:58 PM »
We expect to have an expanded KMSP back on by the end of the week. Some equipment failed and a new setup is en route.

Offline Wil in Minneapolis

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:36:14 PM »
Thank you, Dave. I don't want to say I am a KMSP listening junkie .. but .... I am!  :-D

Would there be a way for those who want to donate to the care and feeding of the feeds to do so? I feel guilty as heck that I am getting so much enjoyment from your service and it's free. I mean .. I pay for cable TV and frankly, it doesn't mean half as much to me as Live ATC does!

Thanks again. <3

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »
Thank you, Dave. I don't want to say I am a KMSP listening junkie .. but .... I am!  :-D

Would there be a way for those who want to donate to the care and feeding of the feeds to do so? I feel guilty as heck that I am getting so much enjoyment from your service and it's free. I mean .. I pay for cable TV and frankly, it doesn't mean half as much to me as Live ATC does!

Thanks again. <3

Totally understand on being a listening junkie.  :-)

Donations are accepted via PayPal to "donate@liveatc.net"

Thanks in advance.

Offline kc0rzw

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 09:59:35 AM »
Is it possible to still have a scan of the tower frequencies?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 12:16:13 PM »
I'll be putting a composite of the Tower freqs up but it can't be a scan. We run the SDRs in multichannel mode, not scan mode. With scan mode we'd miss too many transmissions. So the whole setup is different than what it was before. I still have frequencies to add, including the stereo Tower feed...which is complicated by the fact that there are three Tower freqs.

What are the two most desirable Tower freqs to combine?

Offline kc0rzw

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 01:35:42 PM »
I think 126.7 and 123.95, unless it is busy the 12R/30L controller handles 17/35 also.