Author Topic: windows 7 and media player codec  (Read 8313 times)

Offline Scott

windows 7 and media player codec
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
Hello,  Have added a new computer and it has windows 7 and when I try to play a atc site it says media player does not have the correct codec.
I checked the FAQ but don't see anything.
Does anyone know what I need to get this to play or what the codec is?
Thanks a lot, Scott

Offline ect76

• EGPH
Re: windows 7 and media player codec
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
If you download and install the free Combined Community Codec Pack from http://www.cccp-project.net/ it should play. The CCCP contains all commonly used video and audio codecs in use today. It's likely your new PC simply doesn't have the codec installed to decode the stream.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »
Hi, thanks for the info.  I did download that file and installed it.  After restarting it I am still getting the same msg that win media player can not play the file.  Is the php extention a normal extention?  Is anyone using windows 7 advise if they are able to get any of the feeds to work?
Thanks again, Scott

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, have been for 6 months now and every feed played perfectly right out the box. I'm not sure what the issue here is. I would suggest, as a last resort, using the Flash or Java players if your WMP is playing up.

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
Also, I'm not sure where you're getting a .php extension?

If you click on the LISTEN (Launches in your MP3 player) link, it launches an M3U file, which is a stram WMP will easily recognize. Try this page for example - JFK Streams.

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kjfk