airtraffic

Author Topic: wind shear at CVG  (Read 16297 times)

Offline FWA2500

• fwa2500 on deviantArt
wind shear at CVG
« on: December 19, 2004, 03:10:42 PM »
have heard quite a few missed apprached due to windshear for rwy 36L&R, tun in to CVG right now and you will see what i mean....

"DAL1293 windshear allert, going around"
"going missed due to wind shear, Comair 712"

two that just happened....wind is 360 at 14 and rappidly changing around, reports of 2-4 knot increase of wind speed at 400 feet agl....and plus 10 at 1400 agl

Offline Matt Moak

• http://www.zidartcc.org
wind shear at CVG
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 04:44:06 PM »
Yes the winds have been very odd here in Cincy lately. Most yesterday were reporting 5-10 knots from any direction. Luckily the winds have since calmed down.

Offline FWA2500

• fwa2500 on deviantArt
wind shear at CVG
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 09:34:38 AM »
ya, we got them up here in oxford too, but not anywere as bad as down by the river......and now we have a new problem....lol, SNOW!!!!! 8 inches expected here in oxford over the next day or 2

Offline java146

Snow at CVG
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 02:12:30 PM »
Cincy forecasters are forecasting up to 13 inches of snow through Thursday... It's another chance to listen to some snow ops.    If I can get another scanner hooked up to listen to maitenance personnel, would anyone be interested?

- Bill

Offline FWA2500

• fwa2500 on deviantArt
wind shear at CVG
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 02:30:34 PM »
i would definatly! also, is there any chance of getting a feed on Delta ramp? 80% of the flights are delta and once clear of the runway are passed to delta ramp......

anyway, the maintainence channel would be preaty cool :)

Offline FWA2500

• fwa2500 on deviantArt
wind shear at CVG
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 04:25:57 PM »
breaking action curently "poor" at CVG due to snow...a comair flight has been ask fuel and SOB......aparently has a flaps problem, will update when more info availible

CVG looking to close in an hour, weather class 4 and worsening...breaking action poor with heavy snow

Offline java146

Good night to listen
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 02:57:25 AM »
A few DHL's in a hold due to "moderate" ice pellets and at least two flights cancelled by, "company", as they were taxing out...   It has been an interesting night to listen to the chatter.     Unfortuately, with the ice pellets, a new report of considerable windshear off the west side of the airport, and the poor braking conditions on the runways, it's now getting really quiet.  (Except for the sound of ifr flight strips hitting the trash cans in the tower!)

I will look into the maitenence and ramp frequencies in the coming week.   I am also trying Indy Center freqs as well.

- Bill