airtraffic

Author Topic: Who listens to KONT?  (Read 2910 times)

Offline N6RFB

Who listens to KONT?
« on: January 26, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »
So I was sitting here watching Kevin at LAX on Airline Videos and decided to check my KONT feed.  13 listeners, #9 on the top 50.  HOLY COW!  Got me wondering, Who listens to my feed and where are you located?  Glad to see folks are enjoying it.  Rich, N6RFB, Corona, CA.

Offline tyketto

Re: Who listens to KONT?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 06:49:48 PM »
So I was sitting here watching Kevin at LAX on Airline Videos and decided to check my KONT feed.  13 listeners, #9 on the top 50.  HOLY COW!  Got me wondering, Who listens to my feed and where are you located?  Glad to see folks are enjoying it.  Rich, N6RFB, Corona, CA.

Don't be surprised if a fair amount of people are listening to your feed. A Good possible explanation for it is that Apple just released new Macs, and they have been ordered a lot. So with those being tracked via FlightAware's iPhone tracker (same site will work for Macs or anything shipping from China), and all of them flying UPS or FDX, they'll make the run up to PANC, then to KSDF, then over to KONT for the west coast, unless they go directly to KONT from PANC. As you know with KONT being UPS' west coast hub, tons of traffic is going to be listened in on, especially for the cargo.

BL.

Offline N6RFB

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 07:13:34 PM »
Yeah, they've been operating reverse ops for the last couple of days.  Brings all those freighters nice and close to house.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 06:36:17 PM »
Yeah, they've been operating reverse ops for the last couple of days.  Brings all those freighters nice and close to house.

Yeah.. for pretty much the entire week, the entire SoCal Basin has been in east ops. LAX was east, LGB was east, BUR was north, VNY was north, ONT was east, SNA was north.. only SAN stayed landing to the west, so it lead to a lot of interesting listening.

BL.