Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 492674 times)

Offline digger

Listener demographics...which one of the following is you?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »
No, at the other end, off the Flaugherty Run Road exit of Bus 60, and down Moon Clinton Road. It's been a couple of years since I was there but there was always a big open space right off the road, just outside the airport fence. Watching the departures off 28R was always good for the bigger jets, but the commuters were always airborne before they got within a mile of you., If they're landing 10L you get to see everybody up close.

With all the construction that's been going on around there recently I don't know if you can still sit there or not.

Offline Neil

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 09:55:58 PM »
Private pilot out Delaware. Listening to ATC has been great for getting used to the pace of class B....Appreciate it.

Offline ozziecat35

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 09:14:26 AM »
Working on my private pilots license right now. I plan on going to Delta's Jet Connect Academy when I get out of the Army. I fly online with VATSIM but mostly with WestCoastATC, where I also have an ARTCC. If you're ever around, come check out one of my sessions. I'm KZDV ARTCC Matt. Peace!

Offline m50

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 09:41:59 AM »
Communications hobbyist

Offline Ronski

Interest
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 02:33:43 PM »
PPL but grounded at the mo due to By-Pass operation.

Member of VatSim and KnightAir Virtual airlines.

Very interested in setting up as a Feeder for London HRW. I'm directly under the flight path for 09 EGLL, about 13nm.
But I need to do some studing on the set up, not being a techie. Dave has sent me all the necessary info for setting things up but I need to get a good antenna, diskcone, and another Scanner.  :?

Offline Old Dog Flying

• http://www.barneysairforce.com
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 11:22:02 PM »
I'm a retired Air Traffic Controller, having spent 49+ years in the Canadian Air Force/Civilian ATC system.  I've worked as a tower/terminal data assistant, GCA controller, Tower and Terminal controller, Tower Chief and other positions.

I'm also a Commercial pilot and retired flight instructor with qualification in 87 different types of aircraft including dual in the CF-104D Starfighter.

It has been a blast to say the least.

Visit my website  http://www.barneysairforce.com and take a look at my current "Toy"

Barney

Offline znymz

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 12:59:56 PM »
New to the site... kinda neat though my freqs aren't available for anyone to hear me. I'm ATC NY Center 132.15 out of Barnegat NJ and 125.92 out of Marthas Vineyard, MA. If anyone in those areas providing feeds would add those freqs, would be appreciated. I will look into provding a feed eventually as I live near Islip Airport.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 03:23:46 PM »
Good ol' JOBOC 65 and ATLANTIC 86. There was a guy in Cape Cod that ran a feed with JOBOC on it. But to my understanding he moved.

Offline znymz

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 12:14:57 PM »
Well, 65 Joboc is probably one of the slowest sectors in the northeast, 86 Atlantic would be the better one.

Offline Phate

• http://www.Jetphotos.net
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 06:05:14 PM »
Plane Spotter at KTRI, Simmer, & Comm. Hobbyist.

Love the site.

BMT

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 10:32:18 AM »
Found this site this morning. I use 4 scanners to monitor ATC traffic and miltary air traffic. I have 10+ unidentified ATC freqs that I also monitor.

BMT
FL.

Offline skylane

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »
I am a licensed commercial pilot with instrument, multi-engine and sea-plane ratings. I am now working on a helicopter rating, and will follow that with my ATP. And yet, I still can't get enough!! Listen to LiveATC almost every night!!!

Offline jhjemvick

• http://www.5urrealism.com
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 09:26:13 PM »
CTI student at MDC.

AF Meteorologist.

Offline LauraH

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 09:35:14 AM »
I listen to MSP Approach while I am doing my flight planning to get a feel for what is going on out there  - turbulence, ice, crowded freq, etc. Also listen to my fellow flying club members, and my husband's flights on commercial airlines.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2006, 07:27:36 PM »
ZNYMZ estimating CHAMP at 2230 Zulu

Offline 6000&Airborne

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2006, 03:33:09 AM »
I work at ORD in one of the ramp control towers and provide pushback clearances & clearances to enter the ramp area to taxi to the gate.  We control the "uncontrolled" non-movement area.   Moo-hoo-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Our tower controls 45 gates at terminal 2 in the "Y" concourse (shaped as the letter Y) and in the fox alley (alleyway named after the foxtrot gates).  

Went to school in Alaska for ATC and graduated May '05, so just sitting around with my thumb up my ERRRRRR, waiting to get hired.  

Fun stuff though (the ramp control you sick $@#!).

Offline staceyp413

New to site
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2006, 10:14:16 PM »
I just found the site and am a new regular.  I have developed a major fear of flying since my mid 20's and am now in my early 30's.  I have tried medication and hypnosis with minimal luck.  I love to travel and want to overcome this fear so I can enjoy my time away from work (without always riding in a car).  

By the way, I am a control freak..............my guess as to where my fear originates.  Either way I am learning a lot from this site.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2006, 06:35:26 PM »
------------------------

Offline N620AA

RE:
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »
I'm a San Juan Center controller on VATSIM, will start training to become a real one in the near future.  :D

DP.

Offline jimvt

Re: Listener demographics...which one of the following is you?
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »
Former ATC.  Keesler 1952-53; Yontan Tower, Naha Tower Okinawa 1953-54;
Tokyo ARTCC 1954-56; NYARTCC 1957-58

Offline boingonut1

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2006, 01:21:39 AM »
Fear of flying here also. Listening to ATC and watching vid's from flightlevel350.com do wonders for me before a flight. I got this link from a person at www.takingflight.com which is a FOF support network. Cool site!!! Thanks!

Jeff :-D

Offline boingonut1

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 02:32:45 AM »
correction= got this link from www.takingflight.us

Offline phlcontroller

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
Private pilot and Air Traffic Controller at PHL.

Offline soapsud

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:53 AM »
I am an ATP pilot, type rated in the following: B737, DA 50/900, 20,200, CE650 and LJ60.  I have flown for a major airline and several fortune 500's.  I currently fly as captain on a lear 60.  I discovered this site while trying to research an accident that involved a good friend who was PIC.  If anyone knows other options for locating atc archives on specific dates and times, I would appreciate the tip. Thanksmikebailey5@bellsouth.net

Offline Mark_OE

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »
Hello to the community  :-)

hobbyist pilot, HAM Radio operator (OE7FMI)