Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 492741 times)

Offline KLEB_Tower

Re: Listener demographics...which one of the following is you?
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2007, 04:51:04 PM »
I am a controller at Lebanon, NH (KLEB) as well as a private pilot.

Offline CTI

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2007, 01:58:24 AM »
I'll hopefully be heading to OK city soon, im also a private pilot

Offline evilcuban

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2007, 09:48:18 PM »
Armchair pilot...haha.  That's me, too.  I've been flying on VATSIM since late December/early January of this year, and been listening here since the end of Nov.  I can't believe how the numbers have increased just even since Nov when I started!  I've ALWAYS loved flying/airliners.  I should have done that in college instead of chemistry....

Offline kPiLoT

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2007, 06:53:52 PM »
Not really sure what category I would fall under. . . I'm a ghost pilot at the FAA Academy in OKC, soon to be student myself for ATC actually.

Offline EdFly

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2007, 11:17:21 PM »
This one is a retired B-747 PIC with an international carrier.  Have enjoyed this web site and the various conversations...

Offline edro20

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2007, 10:10:16 PM »
I am a student pilot and hopefully will have PPL this spring. My radio shyness (chickensh..t) tendencies were all crushed by using this site to listen. I was advised by a CFI at my flight school to use this site to listen. It worked! I have had to change instructors during training and the latest one told me that I "sound like a pro" when on the radio. I owe it all to LiveATC. If there are any other CFI's reading this then please advise your students to listen and learn. I would download the airport diagram from Airnav and then try and make heads or tails of the whole process. After a time or twelve, the whole thing began to make sense. BTW I am almost ready to have a new feed for KLBB up so stay tuned. I cannot stress enough that you fellow student pilots out there should use this site. Not only do you get a proper sense of the ATC environment, but you get a true "working" idea of how things happen in the real world. It is a good way to reinforce the radio phraseology you learn as a student AND to learn the ropes in the real world.  Thanks to all.

Edro20

Offline RK

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2007, 01:24:35 AM »
ATC...DOD @ Altus AFB, Ok. (KLTS)

RK

Offline meradio

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2007, 02:51:06 PM »
Heading to Nav Canada in Cornwall for FSS training next week.

Offline axel

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »
Active (licensed) private pilot from early student years and beginning of civilian career (i.e. during 70’s and 80’s). Nowadays ATC-listening for enjoy (and may be also to keep some knowledge).
Live ATC represent some of the best of Internet. Many thanks!
Axel

Offline Carmelo

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2007, 07:44:19 PM »
Hello my name is Lino I have a commercial Pilot Licence & I work as an Air Traffic Controller and I have been in the hobby of monitoring the Aircraft Bands for 30 years and hopefully soon I will have a live stream and these are the Radios that I use to monitor the bands.

Regards Lino:ALINCO-DJX2000E,AOR-3000A,AOR-8200MK3,AOR-8600MK2,ICOM-R5,ICOM-R20,ICOM-PCR1000,ICOM-R2500,ICOM-R9000,ICOM-R9500,UNIDEN-245,UNIDEN-780,UNIDEN-397,UNIDEN-996,RADIO SHACK-PRO97,REALISTIC-PRO2035,YAESU-VX7R,YAESU-VR500,YAESU-VR5000.

Offline NWA ARJ

• Private Pilot, Control Tower Operator
    • UND Air Traffic Control
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2007, 04:15:08 PM »
Private Pilot and Air Traffic Control Student. I will be going to a facility in ND or SD in the coming months.

Offline withorwithout

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2007, 06:08:50 PM »
great site guys well worth a look & i'll be back for more...(Communications hobbyist)

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »
Commercial Pilot (Comair, JFK based) and ATC hobbiest

Offline Savage69

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2007, 12:40:55 AM »
Former ATC - 4 years military on East coast - 14 years FAA on West Coast - Terminal Controller PATCO Era - Commercial Pilot (IFR)

Offline marklaster

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2007, 10:01:23 PM »
Private Pilot Single Engine Land (almost Instrument rated)
I have always loved listening to ATC.  I am a veteran line tech of over 20 years, working at FBO's, in which listening to ATC is part of the job.  I have to talk to ground control daily when I am towing aircraft in the AOA. 

Offline mag3

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2007, 04:33:24 AM »
As promissed, some more information about me.  :-)

Of your category choices, I'd have say primarily:  "Communications hobbyist" but with special emphasis on ATC. I used to enjoy it all (Police, EMS etc.) having been an EMT in a previous life but no longer have the time.   I had interest in ATC even before my EMS career as I often flew United and American back and forth btween home and College (EWR<-->ORD). This was  back in the days when American still offered ATC as a music option and even offered the "Cockpit Cam" if you recall.  My home airport  now is EWR.

Futhermore, I'm also a retired "Ham Radio Operator" - Technician Class (Never got up to "General" I  guess 13wpm scared me a bit. I am also    "Air Traffic Controller (hobbyist)" having purchased all the versions of Wesson Intl's "TRACON" software game in all it's flavors.  I even had the "voice" component working. I wonder whatever happened to it? I gather it got merged into MS Flight Simulator or something. 

I hope the last "TRACON for Windows" version will be "Vista" compatable  :-D

Anyway, see you here, and let's hope we find a brave soul to put up KEWR - Final Vector Approach (128.55)! I'd be willing to donate money or equipment (spare PC etc.) to someone who could do it. I'd love to be a feeder, but these days I live absolutely out in the sticks with no hope of covering anything worthwhile. It's to the point where I'd carry my AOR 900. scanner on the shuttle bus to me to NYC and listen as we'd pass by KEWR!  Looked kinda weird I must admit. So this website is a Godsend!

Thanks, & Regards,
mag3

Offline NL_SPS_twr

• My office, SPS tower
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »
Update on my earlier one. Sheppard Tower (KSPS) Fully Rated Controller as of June 14 07.

Offline PRstudent

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:59 PM »
Hey all of you how are you fellow pilots and listeners!

Well let me introduce myself.. My name is Guillermo and I am a student pilot here in a Cessna Pilot Center in Puerto Rico and i looveeee aviation and I want to do it as a profession in a big airlines, Most likely American Airlines.

I was going to study in Embry University in Florida but i was told to come to this Cessna pilot center.

Here they told me that I could achieve the same thing as if i was in the university only well faster, cheaper, and with alot of more acumulated hours then those coming out of the Uni.  They said that i could get all my licenses here as a pilot and that I needed some kind of Bach degree, but that it didnt require to be specifically in aviation, it could be in buisness or so but that i NEEDED one.  As i had my mind focused in a bach in aviation and I joined these people i don't know what to do now! lol i dont know if i should study buissnes or.. I don't know really.

I love aviation indeed.  I am currently practicing in a Cessna 152 with my instructor. I dont have mannnnyyy hours but i may fly soon as I am going to be 17 next month. Waow what a challenge.. flying alone at such age is just shocking to me but i am  not scared.  I am practicing stalls which i dont like much but... they are necessary to learn and avoid.

Anyways i just wanted to say that I heard this site existed from another friend of mine in the center and i was like OMG! i thought that was illegal or something!  And i came over here and i joined and i spend hours now listening to FL int or Boston, sometimes NY Tower because they speak very fast and i wana get used to it.

Sometimes when i in my airplane im contacting the tower and i say good morning this is Cessna November six three three niner mike.. and then i wait, but as there is like a mess as its 1 tower for those taxiing, departing and coming its a mess! ( for me) but i gladly have my instructor for now as its a Class C airport and its just a mess for me right now... and the flight computer thing its killing me.

But anyways thanks to those who created this awsome site and I rest here at my bed listening to it for hours!  Keep the good job and who knows! maybe il be the next pilot  to take you somewhere ;)

Cheers!

Offline TrixieKQ

• Former controller from ZAB & ZBW.
    • Piper Wilson
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »
I was a controller at Marine Corps New River, Albuquerque Center and Boston Center.

I lost my medical ticket in 1998 and had to work in the Airspace & Procedures office.  After September 11, I took stock of what was important in my life and decided to accept retirement so I could stay home with my kids.  I could care less about leaving my staff position behind, but I desperately miss working aircraft. 

People often assume that ATC is terribly stressful, but I have to disagree.  Telling pilots where to go was the last time I could tell someone what to do and have them actually do it. :-D

camrnlendy

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »
I'm a controller at New York TRACON - JFK Sector and a Private Pilot.

Offline LockedinIMC

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »
Wow, just about 50% of the users are not pilots or controllers!

Offline ginger

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2007, 07:05:44 AM »
well....i am a Communications hobbyist......a journalist from Kathmandu ( Nepal)......the land of Mt Everest.......its great to be on this site.......its amazing......its a small community we have here and its great to be a part of all of you......my fav is the JFK tower....and i log on every evening with out fail........keep on the good work guys

Offline radar2425

« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2007, 02:36:21 AM »
New to the site, but love it so far! I am a private pilot and ATC at ZOB.

Offline Blocked

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:31 AM »
Hi all!
I'm an ATP charter pilot out of Mass. We fly all over the world. My boss turned me on to this site, he uses it to keep track of the new guys. I've been using it for my instrument students to help them learn the "lingo"lots of fun and a great site!
Thanks

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2007, 02:09:24 AM »
Aircraft/ ATC enthusiast would describe be, just ordered ATC 2 cant wait to dive into that.