Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 492815 times)

Offline goowe

• AltonAnderson.com
Re: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
Awesome Walters :) How is it? Any stories to pass along yet??

Hope all goes well for you. I'd love to hear any stories (good or bad) that you have there or in your OKC experience.

Offline mjan

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »
I'm a student ATC and this site is very helpful(thanks!!!!!)

Offline fluglotse1

• FAA Controller, JFK Approach + Europe, Instructor
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2008, 01:04:07 PM »
I am a 27-year ATC veteren currently assigned to the JFK Area of the NY TRACON. I am planning to retire and take a job at the academy in Germany as an instructor (yes, I speak German, too). I have a background in Radar, non-radar, and tower operations.

Offline Nikop

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
ATC and pilot in IVAO

Offline EdGeneer

« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »
Flightsim Junky, and Communications Hobbyist, got 5 scanners... some portable, some base...

Im setting up KGFL here as soon as I get the goodies in. Ordered another Mobo for the server, the one I was setting up was an older mobo and is just too tired to keep going, so, waiting on a new one. also, built a jpole tuned for air traffic, and setting things up for two feeds out of this area, one for local unicom traffic, and the other for Boston CTR out of the Lake George, NY transmitters for the area sectors.

Should have things ready here in a week... awaiting on new mobo, and rg-8x cable and the mounting brackets for the jpole. Should be groovy....

:)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:55:28 PM by EdGeneer »

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2009, 12:18:34 PM »
Im setting up KGFL here as soon as I get the goodies in. Ordered another Mobo for the server, the one I was setting up was an older mobo and is just too tired to keep going, so, waiting on a new one. also, built a jpole tuned for air traffic, and setting things up for two feeds out of this area, one for local unicom traffic, and the other for Boston CTR out of the Lake George, NY transmitters for the area sectors.

Very cool.  Looking forward to that feed.   Thanks for doing that.

Offline Clipperman

• Living For Aviation
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2009, 03:06:35 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm a student pilot out of CYCC . I was also a member of the Cornwall Flying Club, but unfortunately haven't had the time to participate over the last year or two. I haven't had a lesson in what seems like ages as well, but hopefully will have the time to continue in the not too distant future.  I'm also an administrator at Simviation.com, a flight sim website out of the UK. Great site here and i'm looking forward to participating.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:10:19 AM by Clipperman »

Offline gstream

Learning from Listening !!!
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »
Hi,
    I am working as Aircraft Maintenance Technician on Mid-size Jets. I am very particular about safety concerns and every time I look for things which i can prevent accidents happening. I number this site as #01 in my list as I find lot of things to learn from this.
Thank You Very Much,
Ahmed

Offline kalakji

« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
Hi every one
Im air traffic controller (Approach Controller) and i need the official takeover sheet contents to be used at our work such as starting duty time , end duty time , signature , and the initial.. if any one has an idea about this sheet or form please advice me and i will be thankful.

my email kalakji1000@yahoo.com

thanks

djmodifyd

« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »
Hi every one
Im air traffic controller (Approach Controller) and i need the official takeover sheet contents to be used at our work such as starting duty time , end duty time , signature , and the initial.. if any one has an idea about this sheet or form please advice me and i will be thankful.

my email kalakji1000@yahoo.com

thanks

are you talking about the dash 10 log?

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »

Are times that tight in the FAA that they are not providing you with the paperwork needed for day-to-day job duties?  What's next, you have to buy your own pencils?

djmodifyd

« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »

Are times that tight in the FAA that they are not providing you with the paperwork needed for day-to-day job duties?  What's next, you have to buy your own pencils?

i have a feeling hes not a controller....it sounds like hes talking about the dash 10 long...which is no longer used, basically anywhere
its all electronic with the CRU-ART software

Offline geoflyer

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
Hey all,  I'm a geologist and student pilot out of OAK, I fly with Alameda Aero Club.  Been listening to the OAK, SFO and Norcal feeds for a while now, it's a super great education in its own right.  I also like to use the archives to listen to my own (sometimes terrible) radio work.  Humbling for sure. 

I have family in NY state right next to ELM and I have plans to get out there and set up a feed eventually.  We'll see if that works out.

Love this site, hopefully I'll have something great to post eventually. 

Offline Steelrman

« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
It occurred to me that I never introduced myself, even though I've posted once or twice.  I live near ILG and used to be  a radio hobbyist about 25 years ago.  I did the scanner thing when I was a volunteer firefighter/EMT.  I got out of the hobby and, within the past few months, wanted to get back into it.  Slowly. I still haven't decided to make the investment due to an uncertain employment situation but hope  to get back to it soon. In the meantime, I enjoy listening on this website.

Offline xerox227

« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2009, 08:27:22 PM »
Hi. I flew a total of 24 hours in PA 28-140 in the 70's. Quit after lost in snow storm on first solo cross country. I landed back at BUF safely and went bck to my real world. Am a medical doctor and ham operator. Thanks for this website. Really intersting stuff. Live 4 miles from KLUMP
Tim

Offline monerda

« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
I had a really bad flight (a violent TCAS avoidance maneuver that went all wrong, on a commercial flight - but we didn't know what was happening till it was all over) and now I am terrified of  flying. I'm trying to learn what really goes on so I can gain some confidence again.

I used to love to travel - now I need xanax for days before a flight (if I even get on the plane at all)!!!

Offline thejackal37

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »
Hello to all. I'm a scanner/CB follower. I found this web site in connection with the  Flight 3407 crash near Buffalo, a terrible way to find this site. Very interesting information and now I find myself on it every night. I hope to be able to contribute at some point. For now I will listen, read and learn. Thanks for the venue.

Offline Nos10

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2009, 02:24:10 AM »
Hi, Found your site, I am a PPL logged 400+Hrs  Great Feeds!! Well Done My hats off to all the hard work.
It is Great to see all the ATC guys here also. Most of these Guys and Gals do a Great job.
I just moved to this area and found LiveATC and attended a Safety Meeting in the Local area Using the live feeds and Airport info gave a Great insight to Traffic in these area Local Airports.

It Seems that KILM is now A Training Center of sorts, So you might want to tune in to them some.

Offline N89842

• Ricks Place
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »
Hello All.
I'm a Private Pilot and I own a 1946 Cessna 140. I built an experimental Zenith 701 STOL also.  My occupation is a Flight Dispatcher for an International Air Ambulance operation.
Soon, hopefully, I will be suppling the audio feeds for KBHM.  I live about 16 miles from the airport in hilly terrain so I'm having trouble with both sides of the transmission.  I built a J-pole antenna then went to a long wire about 30' up in a tree with no luck.   :?
I'm going to ask the boss if I can set the equipment up at the hangar.  (2 ways to skin a cat)
I maintain a couple of weather stations: http://www.weather1.n701rr.com  and http://www.wx25a.n701rr.com
Please feel free to visit http://www.ricksplace.info

My name is Rick and I approve this message!    :wink:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:27:16 PM by N89842 »

Offline Railrodder

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »
Hi,
    I'm not employed in the aviation field,but have an intrest in it. I live in Kingston Ontario which is located centrally between Toronto,Ottawa and Montreal. I enjoy listening in on aviation comms using one of my scanners and/or LIVEATC.net. Occasionally I will pick out an airline and flight number to track with Google Earth. Last March,I tracked my daughters SkyService flight to and from Punta Cana DM. She flew out of CYOW before sunrise,and I was on line to watch her flight. I also was listening in on the aircrafts crew using LiveATC while it was still in contact with Ottawa.
  Sorry to ramble on,long story short,I enjoy listening in on aviation activity. I also enjoy train spotting.
  Thanks for having me....have a great day!

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »
Hello all. I am new to this site as of the Colgan crash. I am an aircraft mechanic, trained in airframe and powerplant systems. I am an avid flight simmer and airplane spotter. I'll go out to the big airports in my area (KDTW, KYIP) with my scanner and camera and just watch. I love avaition and all things connected with it. This site is great! Thanks to all who make these fourms a good time!

Offline byoungblood

« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »
Private pilot out of KRYY, soon to be air traffic controller at ZME in 6-7 months.

I also run the Atlanta Approach/Center feed. 121.0 covers KRYY, KFTY, KMGE and a few of the other outlying GA airports NW of Atlanta. Now I can come home and listen to myself trip over my own tongue after talking to A80.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:14:32 PM by byoungblood »

Offline cabarchitect

« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
Howdy All -

First a few apologies for never involving myself before, let's just say it never occurred to me that it would matter  :oops:.  As for the rest, I am a part-time ATC monitoring enthusiast near KSAT.  Been signed up and receiving feeds since Summer 2006 after I stumbled upon the site accidentally while searching for online Fire/EMS feeds (former volly firefighter).  Last year we relocated our office directly in the immediate path of normal KSAT 12R depatures, so I have self-delegated myself the duty of announcing them prior to their "interrupting" our daily work exercises.  I can also say the KSAT feed is very helpful to alleviating tensions that arise on those few occasions when the wind changes and we are in the approach pattern for 30L - the first time I saw a SW 737 500 feet off the deck outside my window was a little unsettling to say the least. So now I welcome all of it as I settle in at my desk everyday, passing the day with ATC chatter as my soothing background music.  Thanks again for the site and I hope the future has me being more involved  :-D.

Offline nec62280

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »
I came across this site after the Colgan crash. I have always loved flying but never have gotten around to getting my pilots license.

Offline captray

• G4 in Czech Republic
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »
Hi all, A G4 Captain with 9000 hrs experence. International ops included. CFII on my days off. Found this site years ago, helping some students with ATC communication. I am here to learn and offer my opinion.