airtraffic

Author Topic: Where can I get US Sectional Air Charts for GE?  (Read 5807 times)

Offline jsapyta

Where can I get US Sectional Air Charts for GE?
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »
Anyone know where I can get US Sectional charts for FSX? I thought FBOWEB.com would have them, but there links are down.

I was on flight from IAD-PHX on United last night, and they took us down south towards ATL then west ward, I'm just curious of the route we took. And yes I did listen to Channel 9 on there audio system.

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: Where can I get US Sectional Air Charts for GE?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »
Anyone know where I can get US Sectional charts for FSX? I thought FBOWEB.com would have them, but there links are down.

Online you can see and interact with US sectional and IFR en route charts at SkyVector.com

Despite the nav data in FSX being a few years old now, you should find at least 90% of the data represented in these updated charts will match the sim. 

Oh, and if you are looking to see your route flown by a commercial jet, keep in mind that your aircraft most likely flew along j-routes, or jet routes, which are not depicted on sectional charts.  These are depicted on high-altitude IFR en route charts, which you will also find at SkyVector.com.

And one more tip to make your search easier.  Start at FlightAware.com and do a search on your flight's airline/flight number.  The search boxes are on the left side of the home page there.  This site, also free, will give you the last several filed IFR flight plans for this and most other IFR aircraft that fly within US airspace.

Offline jsapyta

Re: Where can I get US Sectional Air Charts for GE?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

Online you can see and interact with US sectional and IFR en route charts at SkyVector.com

Despite the nav data in FSX being a few years old now, you should find at least 90% of the data represented in these updated charts will match the sim. 

Oh, and if you are looking to see your route flown by a commercial jet, keep in mind that your aircraft most likely flew along j-routes, or jet routes, which are not depicted on sectional charts.  These are depicted on high-altitude IFR en route charts, which you will also find at SkyVector.com.

And one more tip to make your search easier.  Start at FlightAware.com and do a search on your flight's airline/flight number.  The search boxes are on the left side of the home page there.  This site, also free, will give you the last several filed IFR flight plans for this and most other IFR aircraft that fly within US airspace.

Hey Pjr,

Thanks for the info, I'm such a dunce, what I meant to say is "Where can I load Sectional (High alt) charts for GE" and not for FSX like I stated before. 

I was just on trip this past week on United going from PHX-IAD and back, and I was curious what route we took, I remember quite a few centers we flew into, I was just curious of the J routes.  Going to IAD we did the northest route, but coming back to PHX we went south down the coast towards ATL then westward, we trying to avoid the cold front as much as possible I guess.  Let me tell you coming back to PHX was a Looong day. LOL

I'll go check out Skyvector to see what they have, I know flightaware or Flightstats or I think FBOweb.com keeps flightplans but for a price.