airtraffic

Author Topic: KJFK: Emergency/bomb on Saturday, 20th January?  (Read 5469 times)

Offline Elchie

KJFK: Emergency/bomb on Saturday, 20th January?
« on: January 22, 2007, 07:43:28 AM »
Hi,

does anyone know what happened at Saturday 20th January 2007, around 10:00 a.m. local time/3:00 p.m. GMT at the KJFK airport?

On the stream I heared a aircraft calling the atc after approach that there was a "action" with a first class passenger. This passenger were in the lavratory before the approach for a long time and afterwards a flight attendant just looked in the lavratory and saw the oxygen mask out of the socket and some wires hanging around.

So they locked down the cockpit and called for further assistance; the pilot also asked to go to a remote area for a checkup - he want to go to remote area and not to ramp for the case, there is a bomb.

Some port authority guys checked some things with the pilot and then entered the aircraft via the elevation door. Afterwards the port authority catched this passenger (seat 1, no name) for further investigations.

After a port authority call for now coming into the aircraft, the story ends on the radio. But I want to know what happened after this call...

Bye

Elchie

Offline jacobtron

Re: KJFK: Emergency/bomb on Saturday, 20th January?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:00:40 AM »
which one for JFK ,tower,ground/delivery,tower 2, ect :? :?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:02:59 AM by jacobtron »

Offline Elchie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
Hi,

on ground/delivery. In the archives you'll hear the pilot talking about this situation a few minutes before 3 p.m., after 3 p.m. you can track the conversation between atc and the ground stuff and between the pilot and the stuff.

Offline jacobtron

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:36:58 PM »
wow not shure what happend after the call but i gusse ever thing work out
i wonder why i did not see it on the news hu well anyway thank you for pointing this out.