Author Topic: UK Feeds  (Read 35597 times)

Offline patriot

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
UK Feeds
« on: December 30, 2005, 10:31:29 AM »
I was under the impression that it was unlawful for any UK air traffic feed to be broadcast but i see there is three UK feeds in the listings although i have rarely seen them working,could someone advise what the position is regarding UK feeds.

Mtia



Offline Colinp

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
UK Feeds
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 02:55:27 PM »
It would appear that is the case as these feeds never seem to be running. Although having said that you can listen on dxtuners.com to UK transmissions.

Offline patriot

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
UK Feeds
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 03:51:15 PM »
I did see the EGNM running a few days ago but if the other ones are not running then they should be removed from the list surely.

Offline Polehill

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 40
UK Feeds
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 03:46:10 AM »
Guys. I run one of those feeds. Its not easy to have them running all the time. Just be grateful there are some to listen to..its all voluntary you know, and our computers are required for other uses many times. Less of the judgementa " remove them " posts please.

Offline Colinp

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
UK Feeds
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 10:03:34 AM »
Polehill, believe me i'm all for them !, I live near EGSS & would like to see that up & running & off course LHR & LGW too !. The only thing is i've heard a few people now question the validity of UK feeds being allowed, tbh as long as nobody gets in any strife & the more the merrier !. Keep up the good work mate with your feed  :)

Offline Saint_Scanner

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
UK Feeds
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 06:23:41 AM »
Quote from: Colinp
Polehill, believe me i'm all for them !, I live near EGSS & would like to see that up & running & off course LHR & LGW too !. The only thing is i've heard a few people now question the validity of UK feeds being allowed, tbh as long as nobody gets in any strife & the more the merrier !. Keep up the good work mate with your feed  :)


i would provide a LHR feed on a part time basis but what would be the fallout

Offline SwissRadar

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • http://swissatc.net
UK Feeds
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:46 AM »
Quote from: Saint_Scanner


i would provide a LHR feed on a part time basis but what would be the fallout


Not a good idea unfortunately...

Please check out this topic: http://www.liveatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1367&start=0

And please consult the search engine next time before opening new topics, thanks.
Geneva (LSGG) & Sion (LSGS), Switzerland - Feeder
Website: http://swissatc.net

Offline dave

  • Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4145
    • LiveATC.net
UK Feeds
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »
The fallout is that Ofcom has been hassling those who run such feeds.  We got hassled by them within 24 hours of hosting a Heathrow feed.  They were most likely tipped off by a crybaby lurker.  

Dave

Offline Saint_Scanner

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
UK Feeds
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 12:16:39 PM »
Quote from: dave
The fallout is that Ofcom has been hassling those who run such feeds.  We got hassled by them within 24 hours of hosting a Heathrow feed.  They were most likely tipped off by a crybaby lurker.  

Dave


Christ within 24 hours!!! :shock:

Offline SwissRadar

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • http://swissatc.net
UK Feeds
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 02:56:03 PM »
Quote from: Saint_Scanner

Christ within 24 hours!!! :shock:


Yeah, shame on those people who report these feeds to the OFCOM within hours... sad... :cry:

Wondering why in some countries it is allowed oficially and in others strictly prohibited.
Geneva (LSGG) & Sion (LSGS), Switzerland - Feeder
Website: http://swissatc.net

Offline KSYR-pjr

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1722
UK Feeds
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 04:59:37 PM »
Quote from: SwissRadar
Wondering why in some countries it is allowed oficially and in others strictly prohibited.


For the same reason the laws pertaining to the sale of alchohol are as varied as M&M colors.  

One municipality's community protection is another's infringement of freedom.
Regards, Peter
ATC Feed:  Syracuse (KSYR), NY

Offline 55brianb

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
UK Feeds
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 08:45:54 AM »
Quote from: SwissRadar
Quote from: Saint_Scanner

Christ within 24 hours!!! :shock:


Yeah, shame on those people who report these feeds to the OFCOM within hours... sad... :cry:

Wondering why in some countries it is allowed oficially and in others strictly prohibited.


I was quite lucky - I was able to run a simultaneous LHR & LGW feed (LHR on one channel, LGW in the other) for a couple of months before NATS contacted me and asked me to stop.  No threats, no heavy hand, all very amiable.

I've had discussions with them about this and at one stage they looked promising, but unfortunately so far have come to nothing :(  

The person I was talking to (VERY high up in NATS) sympathised and told me he could see absolutely no reason for me not being allowed to stream - he agreed the WTA is outdated and was made in another world long ago.

Maybe some day this country will wise up.