Author Topic: ATC Help Wanted Ad  (Read 6065 times)

Offline Robin Rebhan

ATC Help Wanted Ad
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
From my local paper the Schenectady Gazette, NY  --Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AIR TRAFFIC Controller Position Open Schenectady County Airport Control Tower The position involves responsibility for directing and controlling aircraft movements in and out of the airport. The work entails the manipulation of radio communications and other aids to navigation in accordance with detailed regulations prescribed by the Federal Aviation Administration. Minimum Qualifications: A certificate of competency as an air traffic controller and medical certification issued by the FAA. Schenectady County is an equal opportunity employer. Apply: Stephen S. Israel Airport Commissioner 21 Tower Road Glenville, NY 12302

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
Re: ATC Help Wanted Ad
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
weird that they put that in the local paper  :?

Offline Robin Rebhan

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:53:24 PM »
What is more weird is that I saw the ad at all. Happened to be next to a con't article from the first page.
Here in NY State, sometimes Civil Service Jobs must be publically posted if they do not have qualified canidates from withen. The ad ran one day and thus fulfilled the legal requirement, even if you plan on hireing your Son-In-Law anyway.
It is a County position and thus comes under NY State Civil Service Laws.
Being a Civil Servant myself, at my job, openings are placed on bulletin boards and posted on website which fufills legal requirements.
Regards,
Robin

Offline FlySafe

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
Bait and switch... call and you get referred to:

http://jobs.faa.gov/announcement_summary.asp