Author Topic: Traffic / New Helicopters on the KIND feed?  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Still holding at Weldo

Traffic / New Helicopters on the KIND feed?
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:37:28 AM »
Hi,
 First of all, I REALLY appreciate that the KIND feed has been up for the past several months.  I missed it while it was down, and know that it is a big commitment on the part of the person providing the feed, so… THANK YOU, whoever you are!

(and I hate to even bring this up, however…)

On the KIND feed, I have been noticing local Radio / TV helicopter traffic:  lots of position reporting, chit chat, practice traffic report broadcasts.  These break-ins are quite frequent and often last for several seconds.  I’m not sure if the inclusion of this traffic is by design or accidental, but I find the transmissions to be intrusive and for the most part, irrelevant.   Has anybody else noticed this?  Does anybody else care?  Would the KIND provider consider removing these extra feeds?

Thanks!

Offline IndyTower

Re: Traffic / New Helicopters on the KIND feed?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:30:19 AM »
No hard feelings whatsoever.  I'd rather know about these kinds of things than not.  The scanner that is running the IND feed is a loaner, and there's a very good chance the person who I'm borrowing it from had news freqs on the scanner.  I apparently am scanning a bank that I didn't realize I was scanning.  I do apologize, thanks for pointing it out.  I will take a look at it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your kind words about the feed.  Look for expanded coverage of the are coming soon.  The person who's providing me with the equipment and feed sites and I are both very busy, particularly through the middle of October.  After my wedding and honeymoon I should be able to work on it more.

Matt

Offline bogman

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:19:46 AM »

Thanks for your kind words about the feed.  Look for expanded coverage of the are coming soon.  The person who's providing me with the equipment and feed sites and I are both very busy, particularly through the middle of October.  After my wedding and honeymoon I should be able to work on it more.

Matt

Are you kidding the question you will be getting when you get back is "Who do you appreciate me {your wife to be} or LIVE ATC?"  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :| :| :| :|

Only kidding Matt have a great day and a brill honeymoon............................are you bringing your scanner with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:43:13 AM »
Are you kidding the question you will be getting when you get back is "Who do you appreciate me {your wife to be} or LIVE ATC?"  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :| :| :| :|

Hahaha.   :-)

A big congratulations, Matt.  IMO October in the upper latitude States is the best month to get married.   Cool and colorful.  My best to you and your bride for a wonderful wedding experience.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:09:16 AM »
Ditto Matt - congrats!  Matt is one of our earliest community members and a huge supporter of LiveATC.net - we wish him the very best!

Dave

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »

[/quote]

Only kidding Matt have a great day and a brill honeymoon............................are you bringing your scanner with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Haha so true.  Honestly though, we've been friends for 10 years and I've been involved with liveatc for almost half of that, and she's been a good sport about it.  I've spent many evenings the last couple months out of the house setting up and troubleshooting feeds, and while she thinks I'm a huge dork, I get away with it.

As for a scanner, we're going to BOS and NYC, so we're pretty covered as far as being able to listen to ATC.  I will try to pick up some BPD and NYPD and whatever else I can stumble upon, and I'm sure there's plenty in both cities.

And thanks for all the congrats guys!  Maybe if I can get away with it I can meet up with the two admins when I'm in their respective areas.  ;)

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
And thanks for all the congrats guys!  Maybe if I can get away with it I can meet up with the two admins when I'm in their respective areas.  ;)

As I have expressed to you before, a warm congratulations from the LiveATC.net community.  If you can pull it off, it would be a pleasure to meet up with you when you're in NYC.  It's only a quick train ride for me.  :-)

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 02:53:44 PM »
BTW I did look at the freqs being scanned apparently when I switched around the scanners doing the three feeds I have up, I didn't do a great job of checking what freqs are on each bank.  I had a few IND app/dept freqs missing and was scanning a bank of news freqs.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Matt