airtraffic

Author Topic: Track a Flight in Real time  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Darrell

Track a Flight in Real time
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:54:02 PM »
FLightview.com has added a Java applet to track a flight in real time.
Here is the url http://flightview.com/
I like to track Spirit Airlines because I fly that airline alot when I want to get away for a few days to vist friends in NYC. In fact 3 weeks ago took a quick trip to NYC to see some friends on Spirit when they had a sale, $8.00 one way to fly from KDTW to KLGA couldn't turn that one down. Anyway does anyone know of a better flight tracker?

Offline tyketto

Re: Track a Flight in Real time
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »
FLightview.com has added a Java applet to track a flight in real time.
Here is the url http://flightview.com/
I like to track Spirit Airlines because I fly that airline alot when I want to get away for a few days to vist friends in NYC. In fact 3 weeks ago took a quick trip to NYC to see some friends on Spirit when they had a sale, $8.00 one way to fly from KDTW to KLGA couldn't turn that one down. Anyway does anyone know of a better flight tracker?

Not that I can think of besides FlightAware.. but for that sale, I'll do you one better. ;)

on 9/11/2002, when everyone was afraid to fly on that date, National Airlines started a sale to get everyone flying again. They offered anywhere that they flew, for $1 each way. I jumped on that as fast as I could, because I wanted to grab a true Philly cheesesteak from the corner of 5th and Market Street (adjacent the Liberty Bell/Independence Hall).

Took the redeye flight out of LAS (National was based there), landed in PHilly at 8:30. took the train in, walked downtown Philly/Camden, NJ, played tourist, and stopped by the kiosk on the street to get my cheesesteak (you know, the ones where they have to double or triple bag it, and even then the grease is still dripping out of it), and the crisscut fries with smothered cheese, took the train back to the airport, got on the flight back to Vegas, and made it home at 8:30pm.

Transcontinental roundtrip after taxes and fees: $30.
Authentic Philly Cheesesteak and crisscut fries: $8.00.
Not giving into fear and flying because I want to/for the sake of flying: Priceless.

BL.

Offline Robin Rebhan

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 02:43:43 PM »
Here is my favorite   http://www.passur.com/sites.htm  really good for the airports it does cover. I hope they get more coverage   :-D

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 04:38:47 PM »
Anyway does anyone know of a better flight tracker?

I am a big fan of www.flightaware.com as well, due to the fact that you can see most general aviation IFR flights, too.   

However, there is also www.flightarrivals.com, which I used to use before FlightAware.com came on the scene.