airtraffic

Author Topic: Timmins feed...ATIS vs CYUL-CZUL  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Jonathank

Timmins feed...ATIS vs CYUL-CZUL
« on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:18 AM »
Hello. My feeds have been offline unexpectedly for almost 2 weeks. I only have 2 laptops, to feed YTS Rdo/ CZYZ ctr and another for CZUL. MY ATIS feed is still available-offline. Do my listeners prefer the ATIS or Montreal Ctr. high level traffic?

Thankd.

Offline JetScan1

Re: Timmins feed...ATIS vs CYUL-CZUL
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 08:20:13 AM »
Do my listeners prefer the ATIS or Montreal Ctr. high level traffic?

Montreal Ctr. high level traffic

Offline blacktop

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 10:37:22 AM »
I too would prefer to see the high level traffic on that feed...

Offline Jonathank

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 12:15:22 PM »
The good news is, all 3 of my feeds are online, for just over one month. The ATIS, CYTS RDO/CZYZ CTR combined on one feed and CZUL Noranda sector on another. Thanks for tuning in!

Offline Jonathank

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
Sat June 20, 2020 It has taken me rougly one month to adjust my scanners and antennas and obtain the best clear signal as possible. One huge difference is I changed half of my BNC cables, from the thicker brand to a thinner brand. This adds more flexibility to re-locating the cables. It also somehow, improves the reception. Please keep in mind, though I am 10 miles away from the airport, the radio operators' voices csn be 5 by 5, while other times, they sound like their microphones sound so far, you can't hear them clearly.

Timmins Airport has the ATIS, MF, field maintenance, which are never cross-coupled (except for the odd occasion), 2 London radio freqs for CTAF and Flight planning, Toronto centre LOW and Montreal Centre High.

My only uncontrollable challenge is weather and occasional power outages.

Thanks for tuning in!