Author Topic: This review for the LiveATC iPhone app is just...  (Read 5570 times)

Offline ARMEDnPISSED

This review for the LiveATC iPhone app is just...
« on: February 27, 2010, 02:30:24 AM »
I was reading the reviews for the LiveATC iPhone app and noticed this one giving the app 2 stars.

I work at LAX as a flight line mechanic. I bought this ap for the KLAX tower alone. So I could get a faster heads up on when several aircraft I am assigned to are in range and on final. This ap was great at first but has been down as far as KLAX is concerned for months now. I am about ready to delete ap as it is useless me now. Hoping they fix it soon. 2 requests and no fix or response. It was only a buck no biggy,for the price of a cup of coffee I can not gripe to much, but I did recommend this ap to others. I hate recommending someone or something to have them fall flat and make you look foolish for recommending them. At this point this ap is a toy not a usefull tool. A tool is always there when you need it. A toy is for a few minutes of fun.

Do people not read that feeds are by volunteers or is it not stated clearly enough in the app product page?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: This review for the LiveATC iPhone app is just...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 05:32:18 AM »
That review is a little upsetting, but such is the fairness of the App Store.   Other reviewers can rate other reviews as useful or not, and that helps as well.

The issues are:

1) The limited way Apple allows for the presentation of text.  Even though the disclaimer notice is right at the top.

2) That people buying things generally don't read, especially on the fast-paced instant gratification info superhighway.

3) That buyers of apps that front-end services like LiveATC don't get it that LiveATC is much more than just an iPhone app.  But then again, they are buying the app for what it says it delivers (even though there are clear disclaimers).  So it's understandable that they may be disappointed from time to time.  Such is the world of consumers.  The last 2-3 companies I have been involved with have essentially been consumer-facing web app or software product businesses, and I can tell you that anything consumer-facing has its own set of unique challenges.  Bottom line - you can't make everyone happy.

The good news is that many, or most, actually do get it.  Which means that people actually do read from time to time.  When people stop reading altogether we are all doomed.  :-)

Offline atcman23

Re: This review for the LiveATC iPhone app is just...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »
What would we do without the world of apps?

Can't make them happy when there isn't an app for that and it's all doom and gloom when the app disappoints.