Author Topic: The Low that will not move  (Read 7825 times)

Offline blizzard242

The Low that will not move
« on: May 13, 2006, 09:17:31 PM »
I know this is a little off topic, but have any of you noticed the Low presser system stuck over the Mid-West, we have had some interesting things going on hear and some days the radar looks almost like a hurricane

Offline jamall02864

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:25:59 AM »
ya here in the boston area a system is drenching us with lots of rain   the system your speking of  comes in after this one.  rain started on wensday and will end next wensday.  Bad for travle Great for the lawn

Offline BMT

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 07:02:08 AM »
I trade you 1 High for a Low!!!  :D

BMT

Offline Hobbyist

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 11:56:27 AM »
Yes everybody it also had a record setting pressure indication, " in aviation terms altimiter reading ", it was something like in the 28 range. or 27. Where I live is right in the middle of it.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »
Quote from: Hobbyist
Yes everybody it also had a record setting pressure indication, " in aviation terms altimiter reading ", it was something like in the 28 range. or 27. Where I live is right in the middle of it.

Most altimeters only go down to 28.10" Hg.  It was a pretty large low pressure system indeed.  The prog chart on Friday looked really interesting with all of the pressure and frontal systems in place.

Jason

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:12:19 PM »
It's been horrendous here in the Boston area - rain for days and no end in sight.  Lots of flooding around here.

Dave

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 12:32:26 PM »
Quote from: dave
It's been horrendous here in the Boston area - rain for days and no end in sight.  Lots of flooding around here.

Dave

Did you here about the Citation carrying Ted Kennedy, Dave?  It was struck by lightning last night and had to divert to New Haven.  They apparently lost all/most power and therefore all radios.  I should listen to the ZBW archives from last night to see if anything can be heard about it.

The incident made national news this morning.  I love when the media says things like this: "Ted Kennedy's 10 seat Cessna lost all power and radio contact and made a successful special diverted emergency landing at New Haven"

http://www.nbc30.com/news/9212044/detail.html

'Looks like the rain is going to keep coming down for another 5 days or so here in connecticut.  I'm hoping it stops so I can fly next weekend.

Hopefully it'll let up soon.  We had a nice break yesterday when the sun popped out for a few hours.

Jason

Offline ngreed

• Detroit Spotters
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 03:05:08 PM »
I could not agree more, it has been raining almost nonstop here in MI, I can not wait for it to clear up...

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
Re: The Low that will not move
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 02:53:38 PM »
We'd kill for some rain down here. 

Pretty sad we have to look forward to hurricane season to get some rainfall.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »
DAY AFTER TOMORROW ANYONE ???

Offline blizzard242

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 06:59:28 PM »
It really feels like that today, alday thunderstorm has not moved. we must have had over at least one inch if not quite more today. Hope it does not flood, I live in a 1A flood zone.