airtraffic

Author Topic: Thanks to the provider of OMAA/OMDW!  (Read 7950 times)

Offline 777lrf

Thanks to the provider of OMAA/OMDW!
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:01:08 AM »
Like having more feeds around the world, missing the OMDB feed and noticed OMAA and OMDW approach/departure appear earlier! Thanks!

Offline Jonakwan

Re: Thanks to the provider of OMAA/OMDW!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
Thanks for the airport. Is it possible to add the tower, departure, ground, frequencies to the feed?

What about Dubai Airport (OMDB)? Please add the airport as well.

Offline VASAviation

• REAL ATC Transcripted Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 03:43:40 PM »
Hello,

First of all, thanks to the feeder! This addition is really cool! :-D

I am working on a new video for my Youtube page in which we edited the real ATC radar with the traffic that was in the area today morning at 07:00 UTC. For now I'm only working on the OMDW Al Maktoum Radar station but I'm planning to do same thing with OMAA. This way we can see real traffic as we listen to the audio.

Agree in asking for more feeds and OMDB must definitely be one of them. Take a look at the picture and see the difference in traffic amount between OMDB and OMDW/OMAA airport.

Anyway, thanks very much for having this up.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
Thanks for the airport. Is it possible to add the tower, departure, ground, frequencies to the feed?

What about Dubai Airport (OMDB)? Please add the airport as well.

In the omdw approach feed you cannot hear any aircraft until they gain altitude so any feed for ground and tower might only pick up a controller. I do not mind but I'd like to see less ground and tower and some UAE Radar feeds! Easier to pick up aircrafts and controllers too. I like center frequencies for me I believe they are more interesting to listen to.

Offline Jonakwan

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 01:31:20 PM »
In the omdw approach feed you cannot hear any aircraft until they gain altitude so any feed for ground and tower might only pick up a controller. I do not mind but I'd like to see less ground and tower and some UAE Radar feeds! Easier to pick up aircrafts and controllers too. I like center frequencies for me I believe they are more interesting to listen to.

I like ground and tower frequencies because they are more interesting to listen to. In the center frequency you can't hear anything, but in the ground and tower there is really something to listen to. I believe that the center frequencies are very boring. You can listen for hours in the center frequencies and there in nothing to listen to. So please upload the ground and tower frequencies.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 11:53:32 PM »

I like ground and tower frequencies because they are more interesting to listen to. In the center frequency you can't hear anything, but in the ground and tower there is really something to listen to. I believe that the center frequencies are very boring. You can listen for hours in the center frequencies and there in nothing to listen to. So please upload the ground and tower frequencies.

For the most part the ground and tower are saying the same thing over and over again. Clearing you on a departure you have planned and taxi to the runway using the same instructions. On center frequencies you hear a more variety of traffic and a lot of changes like holdings, reroutes, cleared directs, separation for spacing and more.  You don't hear anything for hours? You are listening to the wrong center feeds.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 06:19:20 PM »
Nice this was available for a time will they come back ever?

Offline nah95

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 09:21:21 PM »

I had a chat with the person who was providing the feed. He has left Dubai for now, which is why they went down.

I can feed OMDW myself, but I'm still not sure about the legality in this country. So I'm holding off on attracting too much attention until then.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »

I had a chat with the person who was providing the feed. He has left Dubai for now, which is why they went down.

I can feed OMDW myself, but I'm still not sure about the legality in this country. So I'm holding off on attracting too much attention until then.

You could send a contact message on the liveatc main page they could tell you!
It would be wonderful to have a feed for omdw if possible more than the approach frequency previously also!

Offline Jonakwan

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 12:05:12 AM »
What is the current status of the OMAA feed? It have been down for quite some time now. Is there a feed provider for this feed yet?

Offline nah95

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »
We're working on it. Expect something soon.

Offline nah95

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
Not quite a live feed, but here's a start.

Offline Jonakwan

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 03:00:13 PM »
Hi nah95,

What's happening to the feed as of this moment? When can we expect the feed to be fully up and running? Not trying to rush you but I just want to know.

Offline nah95

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 09:03:32 AM »
Hi nah95,

What's happening to the feed as of this moment? When can we expect the feed to be fully up and running? Not trying to rush you but I just want to know.

There have been some logistical challenges. I have the will but not the location, and the guy who has the location doesn't have the will.