Author Topic: Thanks for EWR  (Read 29110 times)

Offline Rixxy

Re: Thanks for EWR
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 04:05:54 PM »
Find out where it is....  :-D :-D

I'm onto it.  Just a thought, maybe giving the freq a whirl on the current set-up may answer your question better?  If you're getting it 5x5 then the question becomes redundant!

Rixxy

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 12:36:43 AM »
DJ, when you get info let me know... I wanna see if we can turn a dream into reality

Lezam, thanks for the offer, but it sounds like you are leaving your present location soon ? DJ

Yup, august 25th  :-D Soooo excited to go, you cant imagine..

But as I said, my roomie would do it for ya. I would be happy to ask in your behalf

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »
But as I said, my roomie would do it for ya. I would be happy to ask in your behalf

Okay, please see reply here .....

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,1999.0.html

DJ

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »
See my reply after that  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Rixxy

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 07:02:53 PM »
Quote from: Lezam

I've found it!  It's broadcast from ARINC in Long Island, just above Islip airport apparently.  Does that help?   :|

Rixxy

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 10:32:16 PM »
Quote from: Lezam

I've found it!  It's broadcast from ARINC in Long Island, just above Islip airport apparently.  Does that help?   :|

Rixxy

Yeah, get me a frequency and I will see if it works...

I am actually thinking of putting up a new jpole because I am getting my roof done, it might be a possibility to get you a feed

Offline Rixxy

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 09:52:07 AM »
Nice one Lezam!  It's 129.9 and used to be able to pick up the traffic on it from St.Petersburg in Florida (!) so should be excellent from where you are!  It's probably got high power transmitting gear on it as it's an ARINC LDOC frequency (for the Caribbean).  Try also 130.7 which is also NY ARINC LDOC, but for the Gulf of Mexico.

Let me know how you go on.  You should hear aircraft checking in and requesting selcal checks, that kinda thing.

:-D

Rixxy

Offline Rixxy

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »
I should say that that was 130.7 which was good from St.Petersburg.  Aircraft could be heard until the MINOW intersection which is exactly 200 miles away from St.Pete's.

Rixxy

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:51 AM »
Nice one Lezam!  It's 129.9 and used to be able to pick up the traffic on it from St.Petersburg in Florida (!) so should be excellent from where you are!  It's probably got high power transmitting gear on it as it's an ARINC LDOC frequency (for the Caribbean).  Try also 130.7 which is also NY ARINC LDOC, but for the Gulf of Mexico.

The reception range to the east on that radio is not very good, from what I've heard so far I'd be surprised if you could get any aircraft or the ground transmitter on 129.900, but as a test we'll try it. The radio is down right now, but hopefully it will be back up sometime Sunday. Please see this thread.

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,1999.0.html

DJ

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 12:40:17 PM »
Hey Rixxy,

I get ARINC on my stream now... Supposibly its loud and clear  :mrgreen:

Check it out