Author Topic: Thank you MSP!  (Read 7431 times)

Offline JC_UND_ATC

Thank you MSP!
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:21:43 PM »
First off, as everybody knows this site is great! The amout of locations is remarkable!

But, who ever added the site for the MSP area it is greatly appreciated!!! Being from Woodbury and just finished my ATC degree up at UND this past spring, its been a ball listening to everything going on back home.

It's going to be interesting with the new 17/35 runway that will be opening very soon to see the hopefully increased traffic that is expected. But, the question will be if the gates will be open fast enough for the arrivals to park in them. Seems like right now there's always a few flights parked on the field waiting for the departures to pull out of the gate.

But, with Northwest going under who knows whats going to happen next....

Thanks again!

Offline BravoLima

• http://www.bruceleibowitz.net
Thank you MSP!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 03:02:09 AM »
Yeah, I like this one too.  One of my favorites.  The sound is very clear, and you get everything from ground to tower and departure.  Two thumbs up for this one!

b

Offline tedbyrne

Re: Thank you MSP!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:49:10 AM »
Did anyone make it to the open house ON 17/35?  I went there and stood on the new runway.  Pretty freakin' sweet.  I needed to go to that party because my house is about 3 miles almost directly south of the runway.  I'm almost on the centerline!  Which pleases me from an aviation-buff standpoint, but not necessarily as a homeowner.  I needed to see and touch the reason my property value is starting to slip.  I think it's still worth it.  

btw, Let me know if separating the ground freqs into their own feed works for you folks.  I'm only here to 'serve'.

- Ted

KMSP Feeder

Offline JC_UND_ATC

Thank you MSP!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 02:13:34 PM »
Hey Ted,

Thanks again for the feed. About the split feed for the ground, first off obviously we'll take anything we can get! ha ha But, in the next few months when the snow moves in and now 17/35 opening up, I can see the ground control freq's going to be non-stop. So I vote for yes splitting them up. I don't know what it all entails, but if it can be done for minimal cost than go for it.

Sounds like you have a prime spot for the new runway. I'll send you some earplugs if you would like. I never understood why the MAC didn't mount up some more $$$ and put a third parallel runway in to the north. Since 17/35 can only land to the north and takeoff to the south, it seems kinda strange. But, I'm sure it was the fastest plan to add some more concrete.

Anyways, I'm rambling on for now. Thanks again!

Offline tedbyrne

Thank you MSP!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 04:22:28 PM »
It's already been done - I put in the separate ground feed over the weekend.  I'm debating adding a THIRD feed for Center, and feeder freqs - it's all about bandwidth right now.

- Ted

Offline bluzhound

Thank you MSP!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 04:55:06 PM »
I think some Minnesota center frequencies would be a stellar idea. There would be a nice chunk of land covered with CZWG and CZYZ nearby.

Offline JC_UND_ATC

Thank you MSP!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 01:05:32 PM »
Quote from: tedbyrne
It's already been done - I put in the separate ground feed over the weekend.  I'm debating adding a THIRD feed for Center, and feeder freqs - it's all about bandwidth right now.

- Ted

Sweet deal! I didn't read down far enough to see your other post. Thanks again. Let me know how much extra bandwidth would be...I'd be willing to throw in a few bucks if the price is right. Lata