airtraffic

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 5817 times)

Offline JeffH_OH

Suggestions
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:41:54 PM »
Hi All.  New to the site.  Love it tho.  I used to work out of Miami ARTCC with the military.  Miss all the noise sometimes.  Not to mention the radars.

Anyhow, I live in the Toledo area now. Besides Toledo Express, Metcalf field and the Bowling Green fields in the area, there are a couple of Cleveland ARTCC transmitters near here.  There is also the ANG Fighter Group out of here as well.  IThought I might join in on the feeds if anyone was interested in listening in.  

As for a computer, I have that covered several times over.  What I am wondering tho is what every would recommend as a scanner?  I was just going to get something off Ebay.  

Oh and you all might like this podcast site I found...   www.flywithjoe.com  He is an airline pilot that creates little radio type shows about commercial aviation.  Pretty interesting.

Offline stealth71

Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:54:13 PM »
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I think what makes this site fun is the diverse number of airports to listen to, so I'd be interested in that feed. As for scanners, I had a similar post the other day and the Bearcat 350A comes up a lot. Sells for about $50 on Ebay.
By the way, welcome aboard.

Offline JeffH_OH

Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:58:19 PM »
Whats the dual and tripple trunking that I have seen on some of the radios.  

I see that Atlanta ARTCC Macey Sector is online with both voice and radar data.  I wonder if any of the other centers have their radar data online.

And thanks for the welcome.

Offline KSYR-pjr

Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 10:20:20 PM »
Quote from: JeffH_OH
I see that Atlanta ARTCC Macey Sector is online with both voice and radar data.  I wonder if any of the other centers have their radar data online.

http://www.passur.com/sites.htm

About a five to ten minute delay for all the airports on this site, as well as radar archives.  

I would be very surprised if the site carrying the Atlanta radar data is not also purposely delayed.

With a little patience, one can sync up LiveATC's feed archive with the radar data on this site for a total audio and visual experience.