airtraffic

Author Topic: STS125 videos of launch (with 2 malfunctions), Hubble release, and reentry (MCC)  (Read 4755 times)

Offline cessna157

• facebook
Here are a few highlights from the recent Hubble mission (Scooter made a picture perfect landing, although at the wrong airport):

Launch of Atlantis on STS-125.  They had 2 mechanical problems during the ascent.  At the instant of liftoff, they lost 1 of 4 flight control systems (ASA-1), which you can hear Scooter (the CDR) report during his check-in with Houston.  Also, 1:39 into the video you can hear MCC report a problem with a fuel pump sensor at redline (it triggers the master caution here, and again several times later during the climb).
(if you listen very carefully, you'll hear one of my favorite/unique sounds from the shuttle.  An instant before the main engines light, you can hear the turbine fuel pumps spin up):

Mission Control's POV during launch, and you can hear them discussing the flight control problem at liftoff, and the fuel pump problems triggering master caution:
 (all MCC)
 (hybrid/cut)

Release of Hubble and immediate RCS burn to back away from telescope to prevent any collision

Atlantis reentry/landing video

STS-125 reentry/landing from Mission Control's POV

STS-125 landing replays

Life of an SRB: from launch to splashdown
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:18:54 PM by cessna157 »

Offline rationaljeff

Thanks for the links.

here is one of my favs

Space Shuttle STS-98 Landing from Cockpit

http://nl.truveo.com/Space-Shuttle-STS98-Landing-from-Cockpit-View/id/1170794223

Offline cessna157

• facebook
Thanks for the links.
here is one of my favs
Space Shuttle STS-98 Landing from Cockpit
http://nl.truveo.com/Space-Shuttle-STS98-Landing-from-Cockpit-View/id/1170794223

Wow, that was very cool.  I've seen the PLT-POV camera before, but I've never seen it all of the way through the HAC to the ground, and even with the flight deck comms