Author Topic: Splitting YYZ Feed?  (Read 8311 times)

Offline Acey

Splitting YYZ Feed?
« on: May 07, 2006, 06:59:44 PM »
I think it would be great if this was possible.  It busy times, the scanner sometimes stays on one frequency for an extended period, usually departure or arrival.  Obviously this depends on the feeders capabilities, and it would make one of the top LiveATC feeds better.  Maybe a app/dep feed and a twr/gnd feed?

Adrian

Offline PHL Approach

Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:09:41 PM »
It was even harder to follow before when the CZYZ freqs were also on there. Thanks to (BuZZ), he came along and started feeding the CZYZ freqs so they could be taken off the Toronto feed for easier following.

Offline Acey

Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 07:16:02 PM »
Thanks for the information.  I thought maybe it would interesting to hear gnd as well.  Most of the time, a good portion of all transmisisons can be heard, but as with all feeds were mutiple frequencies are scanned sometimes the tail end or beginning of a conversation is missed.

Offline sean

Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »
Adrian,

We're always happy to try and split feeds when possible.  We have several splits in the process, with a couple of MEGA splits coming for some major sites.  Unfortunately these things cost money, though.  

For reference, a 6 or 8 feed machine, complete with receivers, costs around $1200 to put together.  Of course we can put something together on a smaller scale, say 2 or 3 receivers, but there's still a cost involved.  

It's a popular feed, no question.  If enough of it's listeners are willing to donate $30 - $50 a piece, we can split it out and make it yet another great feed.  

Sean

Offline bcrosby

• Fly With Blake
Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »
I'd be willing to toss in $50.

Offline Tomato

Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 10:28:31 PM »
I personally don't mind the CYYZ feed right now... it does get a little crowded during the peak hours, but nothing that I'd mind.  I'm glad that CZYZ is on another feed, but otherwise it's convenient to hear all tower/app/dep/etc on one feed.  :)

Offline Acey

Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 11:48:30 PM »
True, but with the ability to open up several instances of Winamp you can have multiple feeds coming through on the left or right side.  With my USB headset, I can have four feeds open, one in my left ear/right ear, left speaker/right speaker; not that I ever do it, but the capability is there.  For example, right now I have YYZ app/depp through my left ear and centre in the right side, as both feeds are winding down.

Adrian  :D

Offline Tomato

Re: Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 11:49:47 PM »
That sounds.... complicated!  That reminds me of Data from Star Trek TNG listening to like 16 pieces of music at the same time!  I guess that's an idea, but I've turned off the ability to run multiple instances of winamp.

Offline Jonathan_tcu

Re: Splitting YYZ Feed?
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 10:55:43 PM »
I miss the old days when the Clearance Delivery was active, but I never ask for anything much lol.  Whatever the site feeder can and does supply, I'm happy to listen to.  I usually just keep track of the voices and freq's mentioned to figure out who's doing what and where.