airtraffic

Author Topic: Some posts with quotes do not have quoting format occuring?  (Read 5488 times)

Offline KSYR-pjr

Some posts with quotes do not have quoting format occuring?
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:35:04 PM »
Especially in the  Busy night at JFK thread over in the ATC/Aviation Audio Clips forum, one can see  posts with proper quoting format as well as posts that, for one reason or another, do not display this quoting format (quotes from previous posts that do not appear in a separate, indented box).

The posts without the quoting format are pretty difficult to parse who wrote what.  Is this a  bug in the phpBB message board software?

Just curious.

Offline digger

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:57:08 AM »
one can see posts with proper quoting format as well as posts that, for one reason or another,

I've had similar problems, not only with quotes, but links, italics, etc., in posts I'm making. They appear correctly when previewed, but when posted the text appears between the bracketed code, but it's still just text.

As an experiment, I'm posting this from my wife's laptop, instead of the desktop. That might demonstrate that it's something within the particular computer that's responsible, or not.

On edit: Nope. Still the same problem...

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: Some posts with quotes do not have quoting format occuri
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:08:37 AM »
Quote from: KSYR-pjr
Especially in the  Busy night at JFK thread over in the ATC/Aviation Audio Clips forum, one can see  posts with proper quoting format as well as posts that, for one reason or another, do not display this quoting format (quotes from previous posts that do not appear in a separate, indented box).

The posts without the quoting format are pretty difficult to parse who wrote what.  Is this a  bug in the phpBB message board software?

Just curious.

It's a known issue on this particular forum (LiveATC.net forums that is).  These forums have been customized so you can post clips in the ATC/Aviation Audio Clips forum and have many other things that have been tweaked, but the BBCode seems to have been messed up in one of the processes.  It will hopefully be fixed in the future.

Dave will chime in later with a more technical response.

Jason

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »
It is a problem on all of the forums.  I have not been able to fix it due to the heavy mods I have used on the forums to enable functionality and search engine optimization.  It is a major task to start over and go back and apply all the mods again.  I will do it when the higher priority task list gets done.  :-)

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »
Quote from: dave
It is a problem on all of the forums.  I have not been able to fix it due to the heavy mods I have used on the forums to enable functionality and search engine optimization.  It is a major task to start over and go back and apply all the mods again.  I will do it when the higher priority task list gets done.  :-)

Thanks, Dave and Jason, for the explanation.  Considering what you have on your plate, I completely understand if this is never addressed, as the issue is certainly not an impediment to the primary purpose of your website.