airtraffic

Author Topic: So cal approach and departure  (Read 25358 times)

Offline rekno13

So cal approach and departure
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:24:51 AM »
Are there any interest in getting so cal approach and departures?

Offline Chananya Freedman

Re: So cal approach and departure
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »
Would that be for the LAX area or another part of the ScCal area. I would like more info please.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »
Would that be for the LAX area or another part of the ScCal area. I would like more info please.

SoCal is the equivalent of NorCal TRACON.

SoCal covers the entire LA Basin, the San Diego area, and the Coachella Valley.

This should give you a rough example of what the area looks like. Keep in mind that this is NOT for real world aviation, but the sector layout enclosed in black should give you a guide to how much they cover.

SCT is located in Miramar, in the San Diego area, while NorCal is located in Sacramento (Mather, to be exact).

BL.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
I think he was referring to getting a feed up for so cal approach/departure, not where the controllers were located.  If I am mistaken on this, please feel free to correct me.  But this is just what I gathered.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 02:30:08 AM »
I think he was referring to getting a feed up for so cal approach/departure, not where the controllers were located.  If I am mistaken on this, please feel free to correct me.  But this is just what I gathered.

Now that I read it again, I believe you're right.

In looking at it, SoCal is covered on the SNA feed, part of the EMT feed, the PSP feed, the RAL feed, and the RNM feed.

BL.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
If he is trying to put a dedicated so cal feed up, this is what I would recommend.  The initial so cal departure frequencies for LAX (124.3 and 125.2) or the final approach frequencies for LAX (128.5 and 124.9) are my suggestions.  Good luck and keep us posted.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »
Just wondering whats going on with this issue.

Offline bluecrewfan08

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
Is there an issue?

Rob

Offline tyketto

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »
Is there an issue?

Rob

Not that I'm aware of. Someone asked if SoCal Approach and Departure were covered, followed by for which airport, followed by which feeds have SoCal Approach and Departure.

BL.

Offline rekno13

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 01:18:50 AM »
Ah, sorry folks, been busy and took me a while to respond.

I've use to go to school right under the turn for runway 24R, and actually live near the turn for 25L, for the planes coming in from the North, and thought it would be interesting to hear those turns called as they line the planes up for LAX. Also it would give me a bigger heads up as to which planes are coming in where when I am at LAX plane watching.

Sorry but I'm not able to put up a feed at this point : (  Maybe some day in the distant future.

Offline Unbeliever

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »

In looking at it, SoCal is covered on the SNA feed, part of the EMT feed, the PSP feed, the RAL feed, and the RNM feed.

The KEMT feed does not have any SoCal frequencies on it.  Of the two sectors covering EMT, 135.05 is at Burbank on the other side of Verdugo Hills, and 125.5 is at Ontario on the other side of Chino Hills.  No line of sight possible for me for either.  In fact, aircraft out of EMT usually can't contact them reliably until 2000 MSL or so.

I haven't tried any of the other SoCal frequencies, though.

The 3rd frequency is 123.3, which is the practice area CTAF, and sometimes Unicom for an FBO in Hawthorne and one in Santa Barbara.

--Carlos V.