Author Topic: Showboat Arrival into KVGT  (Read 4731 times)

Offline Jolly009

• http://firehouse.com
Showboat Arrival into KVGT
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »
Now that they imploded the landmark (In local VFR Nav Chart) will they re-name the Arrival, or cancel it since the landmark to start the arrival is no longer there?  

Showboat Arrival (to the best of my recolection, not a Pilot seen it once, flew it second seat once.) was the Castaways (now gone) to the Speghetti Bowl then inbound to VGT for Visual......

Just wondering about visual and landmark changes and time frame to new charts ( I know they change frequently.)  Or will they keep the same approach and just advise pilots, look for the rubble?

Offline tyketto

Re: Showboat Arrival into KVGT
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »
Quote from: Jolly009
Now that they imploded the landmark (In local VFR Nav Chart) will they re-name the Arrival, or cancel it since the landmark to start the arrival is no longer there?  

Showboat Arrival (to the best of my recolection, not a Pilot seen it once, flew it second seat once.) was the Castaways (now gone) to the Speghetti Bowl then inbound to VGT for Visual......

Just wondering about visual and landmark changes and time frame to new charts ( I know they change frequently.)  Or will they keep the same approach and just advise pilots, look for the rubble?

I hated to see this one go. I bowled many a bowling tournament at the Showboat. Was a great place to do that, but its time had come.

As for the route, It will stay there, as another one of the visual points on that one as well as the Redrock VFR route, is the Bank of America building on Rainbow and US-95. Spot that, and you can make the turn in on final. whether or not they rename it, is another story, and would be put on hold until the FAA, L30, and the people in Summerlin come to an agreement on if they restore the MEAD2 or whatever they're going to call it now. That departure, as well as the GPS/Right traffic visual into 19L/R would conflict with eachother.

BL.