Author Topic: SFO watching area plus where I have been  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

SFO watching area plus where I have been
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »
Hello Everyone,
   Glad to be back on duty after a long and hectic weekend in San Francisco.  I am writing this for two reasons: 1.  One is to give you some tips and 2.  to thanks someone for their help.
First of all if any one stays at the SFO Westin Hotel you should go across the street and down the path heading towards the airport.  You will get a very nice view of the planes departing of the 1's.  You should bring a really good antenna because I had a problem getting reception up there.
The second thing is I'd like to thank our trusty SFO feeders including SQUE 7700 for his assistance of getting the scanner set up, and answering questions that I might have had along the trip.
I want to take this opportunity and explain what I had done over the past week.  There is a group I am a part of which is called Kids Of Courage--KOC is an organization that allows Jewish kids and young adults to go on trips and help with medical needs.  We had over a hundred and fifty campers--boys and girls--plus medical staff, teams to help arrange everything, and a wonderful head staff.  We went to Alcatraz, to an Oakland A's game, and to Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.  The food was great, and overall I had a great time.  If anyone wants some more info about what we did or more info about this organization then feel free to send me a private message.  Oh yeah and one more thing about the A's game: the head doctor was interviewed on the PA system at the A's game and our crew was about fifty percent of the crowd that night.  That is my story about what has been going on with me.  Once again, I'm glad to be back.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
Re: SFO watching area plus where I have been
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
"Like" button, Oh wait, this isn't facebook.  :-D

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
Glad you had a great time! Television Station KRON 4 was out there at SFO when you guys arrived.
 :-D

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »
Can anyone find a video of that news story and post it here? I was not on that plane from New York.  They called that particular plane, which was a charter flight, "The Hospital in the Sky".  It is very impressive what these group of people that I know do.

Offline UPRRSLO

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »
I wish there was a like button here. Lots of good posts!

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
Here's a link to Kids of Courage website:     http://www.kidsoc.org/
For more information on Kids of Courage please google them.