airtraffic

Author Topic: KIND Feed still down  (Read 12575 times)

Offline vasi5975

KIND Feed still down
« on: May 29, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »
KIND feed has been down for over a year.  When will the feed come back up?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KIND Feed still down
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
KIND feed has been down for over a year.  When will the feed come back up?

KIND feeds: 40 days 2 hours 32 minutes ago

Last I checked, 40 days is not "over a year" - check your math.  :-)

We have gear in Indy that needs a new home and we haven't yet located a viable home for it.  When we do, the Indy feeds will be back online.

Offline vasi5975

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »
I appreciate your sarcasm about my math.  I saw a post back in 2012 regarding the feed being down. That is why I said year.  I was unaware that "time down" is listed on the airport frequency listing.  May I also say that if its only been down for 40 days then IND must be up and down often since I have been in this website for over 6 months and have yet to listen to anything at IND.  I have just seen your post regarding feeds being down and you are automatically notified and are on the problem.  Sorry, I'm new.  I apologize if I got your dander up.           

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
No worries.  It's just that there are more folks who complain than who help out.  Feeds are not a right, they're a privilege.

No offense intended.  But feeds do go up and down....sometimes for a while.

Offline m50

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:36:57 AM »
and this excellent service is  FREE  !!!

Offline DrJeseuss

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 04:13:45 PM »
We have gear in Indy that needs a new home and we haven't yet located a viable home for it.  When we do, the Indy feeds will be back online.

Is this still the case?  I have an office in a hanger right on airport property, though I doubt the boss would allow it.  On the other hand, a coworker lives about 6 miles from the KIND tower.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »
I'll contact you privately.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 07:55:48 AM »
I haven't logged into these forums in years, and happened to today.  I was housing the feeds at my mother's house about 1 mile from the north perimeter of IND.  Due to having to move her modem and space issues, I had to take the feeds down.  My house is also close to IND, but with two kids, I no longer have the space in my house, nor the time to work with the feeds. 

I really want to get them back up as much as everyone else, but please understand that all feeds are from volunteers who use their personal time to keep things running.  If we're able to find a new home for them near IND, I'd be willing to move the machine, scanners, antenna etc there, but as of now we've not found a home.  With the holiday season ending soon, I will have more time.  Dave and I can see if we can come up with something.  Thanks for your patience, and I'm glad you enjoy listening to IND!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 08:17:08 AM »
We have had some inquiries recently from prospective hosts for the feed equipment...I will update you privately when we have something that looks real.

Merry Christmas!

Offline DrJeseuss

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 09:09:33 AM »
I'd still be interested in helping with this, though not near as close as a mile out. It would be closer to 6 miles at a coworkers. I inquired at work and the connection would be fine but no roof access for antenna, and no reception inside the hanger.