airtraffic

Author Topic: RAPCON Controller  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
RAPCON Controller
« on: November 05, 2006, 05:05:25 PM »
Here's an interesting story about a Travis AFB RAPCON contoller and facility I thought I would share.
http://public.travis.amc.af.mil/travismediacenter/pressreleasearchive/story.asp?storyID=123029069

Offline ridejumpfly

Re: RAPCON Controller
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »
I worked with Bud at Travis.  I helped with building all the desks and such things for the new facility. Of course I was orderd to Osan AB South Korea before the new facility opened.  It's okay though I get to work with stars here at McGuire now.  Great stuff..

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 03:53:17 PM »
I worked with Bud at Travis.  I helped with building all the desks and such things for the new facility. Of course I was orderd to Osan AB South Korea before the new facility opened.  It's okay though I get to work with stars here at McGuire now.  Great stuff..

McGuire eh? Hey, you guys mind giving up some AOJ to extend our final here? haha, Im messin. Well actually, that would be quite nice to happen.

Offline ridejumpfly

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »
Your a controller at PHL?  Is your profile age right (19)?  Well, I don't know if you would want that.  You would have to take VAY and N14 if you had anymore.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 01:24:22 AM »
Nah, not a controller down there. Just spend a good portion of time there. It would be nice if I could be 19 and a controller. That is an interesting point about VAY and N14. Granted, having FV1 run them would not go over well. ARD could own them SFC-030 wouldn't be all that bad. CB, if your around... What do you think of Philly getting some more airspace out there from WRI? Plausible, possible, worth it?

Offline ridejumpfly

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:15:46 AM »
To add another point...  Losing anymore airspace to the south would severly impair our runway 6 arrival, and 24 departure ops.  We would most likely fight to keep it.