airtraffic

Author Topic: Requesting update on KLAX tower feed.....................  (Read 11175 times)

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

Requesting update on KLAX tower feed.....................
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:15:57 AM »
Just wondering what the status of KLAX local feed.

Offline athaker

Re: Requesting update on KLAX tower feed.....................
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 02:49:16 AM »
just waiting on that PAR filter to try and get rid of the FM interference...should be here any day now.

Want to get the best reception possible before we start streaming, so bare with us

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:53:25 AM »
No problem, I'm just excited to have a KLAX tower feed.

Offline athaker

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:01:20 AM »
word, me too

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:50:17 AM »
... we start streaming, so bare with us

Ha!  Reminds me of the last scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark (Harrison Ford movie):

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it now.
Indiana: Who?
Maj. Eaton: Top... men. 

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »
Just remember, this is all voluntary. No-one is getting paid for putting these feeds up, and they do take time to get set up properly before being released for us to listen to and enjoy, so just sit back, enjoy the other feeds, and let the person putting this up get it right for us.

In short, it'll be ready when it's ready. :)

BL.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 07:01:01 PM »
Thanks for all your work getting LAX up and running...it's my local so it'll be nice to geek out with flightaware and a live feed.  I can't wait!  :-D

Offline KMSY

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 08:05:53 PM »
Thanks for all your work getting LAX up and running...it's my local so it'll be nice to geek out with flightaware and a live feed.  I can't wait!  :-D

I know exactly what you mean. I often take an archive of my feed and play it with an archive from passur.com's KMSY airport monitor. It really gives you a sense of how the airspace operates. I just wish they had a "scope" theme where all the blue and green planes were letters and tags!

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:44:40 PM »
I realize that these people are not paid, if I lve near am airport, I would have a feed up.

Offline tonycork

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »
I suggest u move as close as u can to an airport so as soon as possible and set one up...... :-) :-) :-)

Offline athaker

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »
haha actually when we were apartment hunting earlier this year, one of the places we looked at was literally the last building before about a 100 yard stretch to the fence to the 6L end of KLAX...i was checking that place out with a slight sparkle in my eye but my roommates didn't quite appreciate the American Super-80 that departed, among some heavy jets, during our tour..... :-)

Offline tyketto

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »
haha actually when we were apartment hunting earlier this year, one of the places we looked at was literally the last building before about a 100 yard stretch to the fence to the 6L end of KLAX...i was checking that place out with a slight sparkle in my eye but my roommates didn't quite appreciate the American Super-80 that departed, among some heavy jets, during our tour..... :-)

I take it this was down the (in)famous Sandpiper Blvd! I don't knowif this is still current or not, but the last time I was down that part of LA, police were chasing planespotters away from there worse than a game of keep-away! Is it still like that down there?

BL.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »
Yeah they have it posted no stopping, so it pretty much kills that idea.

Offline athaker

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 01:34:09 AM »
yea it was 200m north of sandpiper on Pershing...and yea there are ridiculous numbers of cops there, airport police and LAPD.  i sometimes take this route to get home from ucla, but gotta watch out for their speed traps. 

nice thing is you get a 744 shallow climbing just over your head every once in a while, if the timing is right...if only dockweiler beach had an ethernet port somewhere  :-)

Offline tyketto

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 04:31:02 AM »
yea it was 200m north of sandpiper on Pershing...and yea there are ridiculous numbers of cops there, airport police and LAPD.  i sometimes take this route to get home from ucla, but gotta watch out for their speed traps. 

nice thing is you get a 744 shallow climbing just over your head every once in a while, if the timing is right...if only dockweiler beach had an ethernet port somewhere  :-)

I find their reasoning a joke. Last time I was on Sandpiper (2002), their motive for this was that they thought planespotters were potential terrorists. I find their rationale bass ackwards because if an even bigger tourist trap (read: Las Vegas) lets you park not only at the airport, but adjacent to the runways and planespot/listen to ATC, their reasoning is a crock.

BL.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 05:02:09 PM »
I agree it is over kill, it's not like they're going to stand there with rocket launchers for the world to see, that and the police keep a pretty close eye on those spots.