Author Topic: Request on Santo Domingo  (Read 4060 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

Request on Santo Domingo
« on: March 15, 2021, 02:24:33 PM »
Hello,

Throwing out a request that on one of the Santo Domingo feeds that has 124.3 as a frequency can the 2 adjacent Miami frequencies 126.45 and 135.2 be added to it ? It doesnt even have to be permanent but it but it would be nice as it  would fill air traffic in the SE parts of Miami Center and compliment the Bahamas feed

Thank You
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 02:27:51 PM by MIAMIATC »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Request on Santo Domingo
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 09:43:08 AM »
Hello,

Throwing out a request that on one of the Santo Domingo feeds that has 124.3 as a frequency can the 2 adjacent Miami frequencies 126.45 and 135.2 be added to it ? It doesnt even have to be permanent but it but it would be nice as it  would fill air traffic in the SE parts of Miami Center and compliment the Bahamas feed

Thank You

Doing some testing to see if the reception is better from the Puerto Plata or the Bahamas site. We only have two receivers in Puerto Plata so adding these frequencies would further crowd Ground at POP. As it is, Santo Domingo Center 124.3 is not heard due to the transmitter being on the other side of mountains. The 135.2 RCAG site on Grand Turk is a water shot but kind of far from both receiver sites, so it would obviously be aircraft-only anyway. We have 4 receivers at the Bahamas site so it would be better to isolate 126.45/135.2 onto a separate receiver there.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
Dave I am not asking for a permanent change . Can we do a 3 day top  experiment? You have 2 radios with 124.3 on it . Can we make one dedicated to Center ? I know everyone wants to hear controller but you have rhe Bahamas MIAMI ATC feed with no controllers and that woukd be out of range to cover 126.45 and 135.2 . A radio just covering center frequencies would be awesome for the area  say 124.3 127.8 135.2 and 126.45 which woukd be in range ro cover those sectors  and the other radio can have app dep and ground . Lastly with the reduction of air traffic I dont think it would be that loaded up . Again if you don't want to do this permanently can it be done on a 3 day temporary setup then tou can revert back to the way you have it.  I dont think this is asking much .

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 03:46:56 PM »
Dave I am not asking for a permanent change . Can we do a 3 day top  experiment? You have 2 radios with 124.3 on it . Can we make one dedicated to Center ? I know everyone wants to hear controller but you have rhe Bahamas MIAMI ATC feed with no controllers and that woukd be out of range to cover 126.45 and 135.2 . A radio just covering center frequencies would be awesome for the area  say 124.3 127.8 135.2 and 126.45 which woukd be in range ro cover those sectors  and the other radio can have app dep and ground . Lastly with the reduction of air traffic I dont think it would be that loaded up . Again if you don't want to do this permanently can it be done on a 3 day temporary setup then tou can revert back to the way you have it.  I dont think this is asking much .

We only have one SDR with 124.3 on it at Puerto Plata. There are two feeds that show the frequency because one feed combines Ground and Tower (Santo Domingo is on the Ground feed because that is usually not busy and it is the only receiver we can put it on).

Again, since it is airborne traffic only, I think it can go on the Bahamas receiver near MYLD...why would that not work for high altitude traffic?

Regardless of the test, which I am happy to do, we can't do any expansion at Puerto Plata, so what's the point?  We are happy to put a feed for this at the Bahamas receiver.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 03:51:14 PM »
MYLD is out of range for those 2 sectors . Im listening to the feed and see that you have added the 2 . How long will you leave it this way so I know  ?
Thank You . Great Inagua has the RCAG for 135.2 and 126.45 but there are no plans for that area as you said .

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 03:56:10 PM »
MYLD is out of range for those 2 sectors . Im listening to the feed and see that you have added the 2 . How long will you leave it this way so I know  ?
Thank You . Great Inagua has the RCAG for 135.2 and 126.45 but there are no plans for that area as you said .

135.2 and 126.45 are added to the MDPP Ground feed - I'll leave it that way until the end of next week. Let me know how you make out. I disagree that MYLD is totally out of range because I have already heard traffic there on 135.2 and 126.45 but we will compare the two and evaluate.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 03:57:44 PM »
Sounds good Dave . Appreciate it

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 03:08:09 PM »
If you decide to keep Miami frequencies on can an add be made and that being 123.775 ?

If there is a future feed in the Turks and Caico area in the offing I suggest 123.775/126.45/135.2

All  frequencies have n RCAG at Great Inagua and Grand Turk

Thank for the understanding and cooperation !!

Happy Listening/Flying