airtraffic

Author Topic: repeat transmissions  (Read 6113 times)

Offline sppilot

repeat transmissions
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »
quick question...i've been listening to kjax feed..and on 3 different occasions i've heard repeat transmissions...like the next day or a few hours later...but i catch it like if a pilot says something..ex: heard a pilot read back a frequency and got the numbers bakwards and said he must have dyslexia...heard the same transmission a few hours later...ever happen to anyone?

Offline Lon

Re: repeat transmissions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »
I've never had it happen while listening to live (real-time) transmissions. But I have had it happen while listening to archived recordings.

Offline w0x0f

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »

Offline bleyton

• Tarpy Tailors - the finest airline uniforms, since 1934
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:18 AM »
quick question...i've been listening to kjax feed..and on 3 different occasions i've heard repeat transmissions...like the next day or a few hours later...but i catch it like if a pilot says something..ex: heard a pilot read back a frequency and got the numbers bakwards and said he must have dyslexia...heard the same transmission a few hours later...ever happen to anyone?

I have had that happen.  If I am using the Flash Player, and I hit the stop button, and later come back and hit Play, it will start playing back what I listened to in my last session.  Come to think of it, that has happened to me with Windows Media Player too.

Brian
Your KBUR and KLAX feeder

Offline Pilot3033

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:28:36 AM »

I have had that happen.  If I am using the Flash Player, and I hit the stop button, and later come back and hit Play, it will start playing back what I listened to in my last session.  Come to think of it, that has happened to me with Windows Media Player too.

Brian
Your KBUR and KLAX feeder
That sounds to me like the media player or the browser is playing a cached file. My guess is that the flash player or browser is trying to refresh content and build a buffer to avoid interruptions in service. In doing so, the player decides to use the last cached file in the meantime, since the player assumes it just happened. If the problem persists, try closing flash completely, quitting the browser, or clearing the browser's cache. For optimal liveATC listening, I suggest downloading the .m3u file and opening it in itunes or winamp, or other dedicated media player.

Offline sppilot

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
good...i'm not crazy...lol  but after reading the last 2 posts it makes sense now..i listen with the flash...and when i walk away i usually close the laptop. so when i restart it it probably replays some of the last listened to stuff....thanks guys

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
Also sometimes feeds get stuck.  If the PC is having other issues the encoder either gets backed up or appears to be connected but keeps looping.  Reboots fix these issues.  Sometimes it is on the player end.