Author Topic: Cockpit DVDs  (Read 4659 times)

Offline ect76

• EGPH
Cockpit DVDs
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:48:43 PM »
Following a reccomedation by Cessna157, I've invested in a couple of the ITVV series of cockpit DVDs.

So far I have Virgin 744, Cathay 744 and Go 733 (a good one).

Looking around I've found a huge selection by World Air Routes - Does anyone have any experience of them? Are they as good as the ITVV range? Many of them aren't by english-speaking airlines, so is the english good enough? Just thought I'd ask before splurging more cash!

Offline cessna157

• facebook
Re: Cockpit DVDs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
I have tried a few of the World Air Routes videos.  They are nowhere near the quality of the ITVV videos.  But some are okay.  Like you mentioned, many are by non-english speaking airlines.  I have the Mexicana 737/727 video, and it really isn't interesting at all.

I do have the United 777, JetMagic ERJs, a Canadian MD-80 out of YYZ to somewhere in Cuba, Styrian CRJ2, and Styrian CRJ7, and all are okay.  Like I said, they don't match up to the ITVV quality, but they are interesting.

Offline ect76

• EGPH
Re: Cockpit DVDs
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Spent some time googling and yeah - They really aren't anywhere near the quality are they! Essentially just a guy with a camera as opposed to the slick ITVV ones. I would think if you get the UK/US ones (I'm quite interested in the Heavylift Cargo one of the Shorts Belfast out of Southend) they could be OK...! Incedentally, anyone reccomend others?

Edit - Thanks for the heads-up on the Go 737-300 one...It really was good. First revenue flight!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:10:33 PM by ect76 »