airtraffic

Author Topic: Question on Radio Scanner  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Serge933

Question on Radio Scanner
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:05:50 AM »
Hey everyone, im knew to the forum but ive been using the feeds for quite a while now, always love to come onto liveatc lol

Well anyway, ive recently started flight school, now a student pilot at Delta Connection Academy (Now Aerosim) at Broward College. We are based at the North Perry airport. We fly the Cirrus SR20s and the Piper Seminole for Commercial.
So after being in the enviroment alot more, ive been thinking of buying a radio scanner, listen in onto the atc and pilots, mainly at my local airport which is KBCT

I was looking at a few handhelds but id much rather have a base model which I can mount in the car and use it as a police scanner too.

Now I really dont know much about radios so I need some help, I read the FAQ on here and based on that, I ended up with the "Uniden Bearcat BCT8" Now I just want to make sure that this can pick up atc and not just police

Im very sorry but I really need help with this, im a bit lost but I got a small idea on what id like.

Thanks in advance

Offline EdmontonFireRadio

• VE6EFR
    • Edmonton Fire Radio
Re: Question on Radio Scanner
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:31:52 AM »
Yes, that scanner will let you listen to aircraft comms:

Frequency Coverage (BCT8) - Includes the most interesting "action" bands where you can hear police, ambulance, fire, amateur radio, public utilities, weather, and more. 25-54,108-174,400-512,806-956 (excluding cellular)