Author Topic: Question about using LiveATC in YouTube videos  (Read 7316 times)

Offline human_4821697255

Question about using LiveATC in YouTube videos
« on: April 08, 2023, 09:41:40 PM »
Hi all,

I recently began recording landings and takeoffs at airports, and plan to throw some footage up on YouTube. I see many plane spotting videos include ATC communications, and presume a lot of video creators get their audio from LiveATC while some may use a scanner and record their own audio..

I'm not sure if I want to invest in a scanner or not, but I would definitely like to include ATC in my videos as it adds a lot to the spotting videos IMO.

Onto the question; Am I allowed to use the downloadable archives available on liveatc.net and add them to my videos? They would get trimmed, ie edited, to correspond with what is on screen at the moment. No clue if the channel would ever get monetized, but let's assume it does as that brings it out of the realm of personal / non-profit use. Credit to LiveATC would of course be given both in the video and video description.

Good to go? Or should I pick up a scanner and record my own audio on site as I'm filming?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 09:44:08 PM by human_4821697255 »

Offline KB4TEZ

Re: Question about using LiveATC in YouTube videos
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 09:30:56 AM »
Depends which airfield/s you're at.  Some have LiveATC sites, some don't.
I would do both.

and, would also interject a word from Dave himself:

Donations are always welcome, however small.  If you enjoy the site, please do contribute.

PayPal here:
http://www.liveatc.net/donations.php

or if you prefer to mail a check (made out to me):

Dave Pascoe
P.O. Box 178
Amherst, NH 03031-0178

Thanks,
Dave

Online RonR

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 07:15:42 AM »
If you haven't done so already, I suggest you contact LiveATC with your question by going here:

https://www.liveatc.net/ct/contact.php

Generally, using audio streams elsewhere is prohibited so your best bet is to go there.  I hope that helps.

Ron

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 07:41:05 AM »
If you are using audio in YT or other videos and monetizing it you need to contact us via the contact page. Commercial use is not authorized and you need to work with us on that.

Offline human_4821697255

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 01:57:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up picking a scanner up, but I'll still get in touch eventually in case I ever forget it or need to use liveatc recordings for some reason or another.