Author Topic: problems with Real Player, need some help / advice  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Scott

problems with Real Player, need some help / advice
« on: January 28, 2006, 06:52:40 PM »
Hello all,  I continue to have problems with Real Player and listening to vaious sites.  The site loads and then for no reason it just stops.  Other times I will get a error message saysing that real player caused an error and is shutting down.  I have 4 different computers using a Link Sys router and with DSL.  Things worked fine for some time but the past several months I have been having these problems.  If anyone has some ideas and would like to disucss this please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 06:56:58 PM »
The main program I use is a program that came on my computer, Musicmatch Jukebox. It works really well. Windows Media Player works good for me aswell. I have Winamp and tried to use it for LiveATC but it did the same thing that you explained, I couldnt figure it out, but I did delete some cookies/cache, etc., and it seemed to help for a little bit.

Offline Kalpazan

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 02:47:27 AM »
Can't help with RealPlayer except that the fact it just stops is for a reason, it loses the connection to the selected stream.

However, I beleive the following discussion may help you a bit:

http://www.liveatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1275

Offline Jonathan_tcu

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:09:43 AM »
I've got the same problem, but it's more intermittent.  I've noticed with Real Player during peak times, it drops every couple of minutes.  At night, it can sustain itself forever almost.  The same for iTunes.  If iTunes doesn't work, I switch to Real Player.  You're not alone  :wink: