Author Topic: Possible ZBW-IGN20 feeds?  (Read 6544 times)

Offline ferraraj

Possible ZBW-IGN20 feeds?
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
ZBW-IGN20-Hi - 125.575 - which is a busy sector corridor for NAT arrivals to KIAD/KATL, etc and also KJFK IGN9 arrivals, can normally be heard from Bridgeport, CT to New Haven, CT along I 95 from the Shelton, CT xmitter site. Perhaps feed hosts at KBDR and/or KHVN could add this freq to their scan? (I know KBDR has been down a while) Not sure how to go about or who to ask...but I thought to throw it out there...that sector has been a forum subject in the past.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Possible ZBW-IGN20 feeds?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 01:00:14 PM »
New BDR feed coming soon and we'll see how Shelton reception is there.  Always trying to add new ARTCC feeds but it takes time.

Offline ferraraj

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »
I completely understand that it takes time. Love the service Dave - thanks for all your hard work. BTW...suggested locations for feed location recruiting, just in case you weren't aware: KAUG for 134.95 (To hear ZBW-AUG sector) and KAVP (maybe FBOs at AUG & AVP could be willing?). From KAVP you can hear both North Mtn AND Elk Mtn, PA sites...loads of good sectors there! A wish list I know... Hey its Christmas, right?! Merry Christmas...

Offline RonR

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
125.575 is currently on one of my feeds but at the moment you can't hear the ground side of the conversation.  I'm hoping to change that in the very near future.  It involves raising my antenna to a higher point on my roof.  That should hopefully do the trick.  Right now I have another antenna that can just barely hear the ground side of 125.575 but the signal is not strong enough to break squelch.  It's also not the right antenna for the job so when I get the right antenna in place up high, it should help bring in the ground signals.

Ron

Offline ferraraj

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
That's GREAT! Which feed is yours? The only current feed with 125.575 is one scanning a host of NY Area freqs without ground (ATC) coverage. Always better to hear both sides of the convo if possible! Thanks for hosting a feed.

Offline RonR

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
My feed with 125.575 is ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) and that's probably the one you were talking about.  No, you can't hear the ground station on that feed.  That's why I'm hoping that raising the antenna to a higher location will help with that.  If that doesn't do the trick then maybe a more directional type of antenna would be needed rather than the omni directional I'm using now.  I've got my fingers crossed...

Ron