airtraffic

Author Topic: Orlando KMCO link down anyone know why?  (Read 10951 times)

Offline JAYLUGO21

Orlando KMCO link down anyone know why?
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:25:58 PM »
Hi I been to several sites trying to listen to the ATC chatter from Orlando International Airport KMCO and the results are all the same.  Is invalid, not found, down, Or just plain broke.  Anyone know why and if there's a plan of action to fix it.  I just moved to the Orlando area and I would love hear what 's going on above me.  I would be a shame to lose such opportunity more so if it was once available.

Offline AJ Long

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 11:42:43 PM »
yea...

KMCO

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Orlando KMCO link down anyone know why?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 02:57:27 AM »
Quote from: JAYLUGO21
Hi I been to several sites trying to listen to the ATC chatter from Orlando International Airport KMCO and the results are all the same.  Is invalid, not found, down, Or just plain broke.  Anyone know why and if there's a plan of action to fix it.  I just moved to the Orlando area and I would love hear what 's going on above me.  I would be a shame to lose such opportunity more so if it was once available.

Wow.  This is not a business.  It is a site that gets feeds through the grace of volunteers.  Maybe you should buy a scanner so you can listen in.  :-)

The volunteer for KMCO uses his PC for other things and can't keep the feed up 24/7.

Dave

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 07:13:52 AM »
It's great to have an organized feeding place like LiveATC.net.  Whenever I have to take my BDR/ZBW/NY TRACON feed down I feel bad but it is all volenteer as Dave said.  We are volenterring our computer, sound card, scanner, antenna, coax, and time/effort.

Offline JAYLUGO21

KMCO
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:47:14 PM »
Did not mean to be offensive on the KMCO feed.  I understand is a volunteer service and I greatly appreciate all the links.  I'm three miles from the airport.  If I was to buy a scanner how much would that run me?  I'm a students so I got a limited budget, but I'm willing to put some money out of my entertaiment budget and if anyone wants to sponsor me for the rest that would be great also.  Just an idea.   I would try to keep the link up for as long as possible.  I also live close enough to pick up the The Orlando Exec.  If anyone is interested let me know.

James

Offline pcrowley

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 11:08:15 AM »
I do use my computer for telephone calls as well, with a program called skype. That program will auto select microphone and someone text or calls me, with that i forget to make sure line in is selected so you all can hear the feed. I am working on getting a second and thrid computer up here within the next 2 weeks if everything continues as they have been. Once they are up and running then no problem at all keeping kmco up at all times then. Thanks for hanging in there for me, it will come back.

Hey Dave send me the link fopr the software again please.

Offline mperry

Re: Orlando KMCO link down anyone know why?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
If you live that close get a scanner, you can more likely hear more, plus maybe you can help out when the other feed has to be removed for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk