airtraffic

Author Topic: O Hare problems  (Read 15102 times)

Offline Scott

O Hare problems
« on: January 08, 2006, 08:50:51 AM »
Hello all,  There seems to be some major problems with the 2 O Hare feeds.  Have been trying for the past several weeks to get in and every time it says there is a problem.  Does not appear to be any way to contact the folks at Cyberair.  Are there any other members in the Chicago area that might be able to provide a new feed???
Thanks
Scott

Offline KMSY

O Hare problems
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:21:50 PM »
O yeah I remeber that! That was the first feed I ever listened too, pretty good one too. Sad to see it go.

Offline 6000&Airborne

O Hare problems
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »
I work at ORD as a ramp controller, and I am in the process of trying to set something up.  I do not live close enough to run it from home, so I am trying to hook up the network through the company computer in the tower, which I need to find the password for the system admin, so I can install the software that Dave provides.  It's just a matter of time until  Ican get that password.   But, I really do want to get it going so everyone can hear the magic at ORD.  You'd love it!  Hope to get things going soon.

Offline KMSY

O Hare problems
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
Speaking of feeding from the airport... Are there any other feeds on LiveATC that come directly from where the action is?

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
O Hare problems
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »
Quote from: KMSY
Speaking of feeding from the airport... Are there any other feeds on LiveATC that come directly from where the action is?

I believe BVI and PHL are both on the field in addition to the many others I can't recall at the moment...

Offline 6000&Airborne

O Hare problems
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 06:13:28 PM »
I didn't word that right, I was in a rush...  To clarify, I don't mean "steal" or try to find the password...   I'd get approval from the supervisor...  Didn't want to sound like a rebel.  ha

Offline LORm

• blue ball machines are fun.
O Hare problems
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 08:26:06 PM »
For me too the Cyberair feed was one of the first if not the first along with Simuflite's DFW feed. Cyberair used to have a great website on Dupage airport's ATCT and facilities. Bummer it hasn't been working for awhile now.

They used to have a great .wav or .mp3 clip on a pilot in the patern who had never been to Dupage and was inbound for landing. He couldn't visually navigate to the runways very well and really taxed the tower who had to really baby him in. When he finally landed he also had a tough time navigating around the taxiways even with progressive taxi instructions.

-LorM

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
O Hare problems
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 08:39:20 PM »
Quote from: LORm

They used to have a great .wav or .mp3 clip on a pilot in the patern who had never been to Dupage and was inbound for landing. He couldn't visually navigate to the runways very well and really taxed the tower who had to really baby him in. When he finally landed he also had a tough time navigating around the taxiways even with progressive taxi instructions.

-LorM

Where's the water tower?!?!

That was one interesting clip...they did a nice job integrating graphics along with the audio.

Jason

Offline 6000&Airborne

O Hare problems
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:40:08 AM »
hey HPN,  I never got to get that sound-byte going....   Could you explain in a nutshell what happened with that "where's the water tower?"  clip?  I am interested.

Offline AmericaWestCMH

• http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kcmh2.m3u
O Hare problems
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 06:14:52 AM »
Quote from: HPNPilot1200
Quote from: KMSY

I believe BVI and PHL are both on the field in addition to the many others I can't recall at the moment...

OSU is too, IIRC.

Offline Sirclown82

O Hare problems
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 10:29:19 AM »
dfw east may soon be on the airport grounds, if i can find a person who wouldn't mind giving a little bandwidth for some advertisement.

By the way LORm, i love your avatar.

Offline united777lover

o'hare feed.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 12:49:11 AM »
an ORD feed? no way! I work at ORD @ Terminal 5 for Swissport as a ramp agent. It's about time to see the best airport around (in my eyes lol) get some liveatc.net attention!

If I can help in anyway let me know.

Anyway we could get a DPA feed? I did my flight training out of DPA with flyer's.

Look very much foward to the feed! thanks! :-)

Offline CyberAir.com

Re: O Hare problems
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:37:11 PM »
Hi Folks,

Right you are; CyberAir.com was the first website to broadcast LIVE ATC, over the Internet.  That was a long time ago! I took down the site quite some time ago after it consummed mutltiple T1 connections that were piped into my home office in Naperville, Illinois and I lost my broadcast site on the tower at my friend's house near Glen Ellyn, Illinois.  After Yahoo! awarded CyberAir the "Top 20 websites of the year" the expense was killing me.

Now that things have hopefully settled down a bit, I'm going to bring it back-up, except for the parts of the site which the Federal Government directed that I take down in the interest of Homeland Security. (Sorry!)

Look for CyberAir.com to return durning January 2008, or before, my schedule allowing.

Fly Smart,
Charlie Schneider
CyberAir.com

Offline tyketto

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »

IIRC, SFO is also either on the field, or very well close to it. They're in Burlingame, and the postal address for SFO borders South San Fransisco and San Bruno.

It's rather funny that the entire length of 28L there stretches through 4 cities (S. San Fransisco, Millbrae, San Bruno, and Burlingame)..  :-o

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »
Hi Folks,

Right you are; CyberAir.com was the first website to broadcast LIVE ATC, over the Internet.  That was a long time ago! I took down the site quite some time ago after it consummed mutltiple T1 connections that were piped into my home office in Naperville, Illinois and I lost my broadcast site on the tower at my friend's house near Glen Ellyn, Illinois.  After Yahoo! awarded CyberAir the "Top 20 websites of the year" the expense was killing me.

Now that things have hopefully settled down a bit, I'm going to bring it back-up, except for the parts of the site which the Federal Government directed that I take down in the interest of Homeland Security. (Sorry!)

Look for CyberAir.com to return durning January 2008, or before, my schedule allowing.

Fly Smart,
Charlie Schneider
CyberAir.com

Charlie-

Great to hear from you.  CybeAir.com was one of the sites early on that eventually influenced me to put Boston on the air.  And which eventually led to this site's tremendous growth.  The surprising thing has been the size of the community that enjoys listening and giving back to the community.

Great to hear you chiming in!

Dave
LiveATC.net Founder

Offline Andrew Doubleday

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 08:57:25 AM »
All good news indeed... any progress thus far?

I have a good friend who works at the C90 TRACON and, just last month (early November), I was able to tour the facility and job-shadow him.

Being a HUGE enthusiast and hardcore VATSIM controller of the airspace, it was incredible to see everything in action there... I was able to plug in on the Sector 1/4 combined position (118.4 frequency) and watch the final to runway 31C at Midway and eastbound departures from the airport on the foul line, East departure at O'Hare (125.00) on the sideline, and I sat right on the front line between the east and west arrival scopes and plugged in and observed the final to 28 and 22R at O'Hare.

I've never been more impressed by the skill those controllers demonstrate and, preparing to enter this career soon, I hope to be working at C90 side-by-side with those gentlemen one day...

Some interesting information regarding the airspace...

Spring 2008 - ZAU just baught into 5 new southbound RNAV departure routings to replace the southern ORD1/MDW4 departure VORs/fixes. These will be much like the recent eastern RNAV routings in place right now (EBAKE, DUFEE, MOBLE, LEWKE).

Summer 2008 - new radar scopes

Fall (November) 2008 - addition of the new runway 9L/27R, new north tower opens, runway 10/28 renamed runway 10L, 28R. New RNAV STARs which will be RNAV to the downwind begin and the use of "trip simuls" begins to the three parallels which will involve the introduction of new runway configurations to the airport.

I'm excited to see more feeds come up! The guys at Chicago really are some of the best I've ever seen...

-AJ