Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

No military frequencies

(1/2) > >>

FLLflyboy:
Any reason why there are no military tower frequencies (at least in the US)? Federal Law prohibiting this? They are public frequencies, in the sense they are published on aeronautical charts and sites like AirNav.

Josephml21:
Just use an airport directory for your region... They should be listed.
I just downloaded the one for my region and it lists Nellis AFB frequencies.

tyketto:

--- Quote from: FLLflyboy on August 17, 2017, 11:10:35 PM ---Any reason why there are no military tower frequencies (at least in the US)? Federal Law prohibiting this? They are public frequencies, in the sense they are published on aeronautical charts and sites like AirNav.

--- End quote ---

Military frequencies are definitely available. If you are seeing them on sites like AirNav, then you are seeing that they are public, as they are published on FAA charts. The 4 AFBs I worked at all have frequences listed: Wright-Patterson, Offutt, Nellis, and Tinker.

In fact, the only AFB I know of that doesn't have a frequency available on any chart whatsoever is Los Angeles.

BL.

Fryy/Avocadoflight:
https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=ktik

FLLflyboy:
Sorry, should have been more clear. Why no military frequencies on LiveATC? I did see that the last poster linked the Tinker AFB feed though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version