Author Topic: No broadcast on CYQI/CZQM CTAF/FIC/Center  (Read 18177 times)

Offline 13ifs40

No broadcast on CYQI/CZQM CTAF/FIC/Center
« on: January 14, 2016, 11:10:11 AM »
Good afternoon

I don't know if anyone else is noticing this but I have been listening to CYQI/CZQM CTAF/FIC/Center for the last hour
and have not heard any broadcasts.    I checked with Flight radar 24 and there is traffic in those sectors.

thanks

13IFS40

Offline Sonic808

Re: No broadcast on CYQI/CZQM CTAF/FIC/Center
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:02:11 PM »
Yeah I've flipped it on a few times over the past few months, never heard anything.  Anyone know if this feed is still being supported?  A Moncton center/ VHF Gander Clearance feed would really be useful for listening to aircraft entering the NATs/getting NAT clearances.

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »

Unfortunately, some feeds are at remote locations and may be difficult to access in a timely manner.  I don't know if that's the case with this feed; hopefully it's just a minor technical glitch at the feed site.  The fact that you can connect to it suggests that the Liveatc link to the feed site is still active but that maybe there's a problem with the radios at the site (radio turned off, volume too low, stuck on an inactive frequency, etc.) or some other site related issue.

Offline RonR

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »
Quick update...been listening to that feed myself for a short time now and every now and then a weak transmission can be heard.  This suggests the problem may have to do with an overly weak signal reaching the radio.  The antenna, signal amps ( if they are being used) or related coax cabling could be the culprit here...

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:08:09 AM »
I will take a listen I have been working on the server the last week and maybe I reset something

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »
new equipment has arrived feed will be out off and on over the next few days then hopefully a lot better
Shane

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
new equipment has been installed and back online