Author Topic: I can give an LAX feed! but i'll need help....  (Read 22079 times)

Offline athaker

Re: I can give an LAX feed! but i'll need help....
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 02:49:42 AM »
yea I'll look into the filter and other adjuncts once I get the initial scanner and antenna running, in order to see what I'm dealing with here, signal-wise.  I know I said I want to save money on this, but definitely not at the expense of having a low quality feed at such an important airport as LAX, so we'll see whats needed and go from there. 

Peter's care package comes in Friday, but I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday.  So hopefully Sunday or thereabouts I can have everything set up and then work with Dave probably to get it streaming.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 03:25:07 AM »
yea I'll look into the filter and other adjuncts once I get the initial scanner and antenna running, in order to see what I'm dealing with here, signal-wise.  I know I said I want to save money on this, but definitely not at the expense of having a low quality feed at such an important airport as LAX, so we'll see whats needed and go from there. 

Peter's care package comes in Friday, but I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday.  So hopefully Sunday or thereabouts I can have everything set up and then work with Dave probably to get it streaming.

Yea, don't worry about a filter at this time. We'll have to listen to some stuff and see how the quality is. Some freqs (hell could be the ones no one cares about) could have bleed and the ones that everyone wants to listen to could come in crystal clear. Can't wait for the feed, this weekend will be a year since Ive been at LAX and I'm going through withdraw from not being able to eat at In-N-Out and not being able to photograph copious amounts of Asian heavy jets.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 03:52:08 AM »
Yes!, bring on the KLAX local feed! I live in Santa Clarita and don't get to KLAX very often.

Offline blizzard242

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 04:21:35 AM »
I got an old p11 running smooth wall as my router. Just needed an old computer I got for $20 at a trade show, two network cards (1 10/100 and a 1 10/100/1000), and a gigabit switch. So much better than my old wrt54g. Those old peaces of "Junk" can really be put to work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 04:23:29 AM by blizzard242 »

Offline mjtibbz

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 06:30:11 AM »
good luck with the feed.

thanks to all involved.... would love to hear a lax feed!

Offline edro20

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 11:35:20 PM »
I brought up the filter question because I bought a discone originally. Once I had the antenna outside on a mast the whole arrangement would not yield a single ATC/Aricraft transmission that was audible. I was a little (A LOT) bugged by this. Anyway, I found that the j-pole helped alot. Keep pluggin'. You will probably not have to scrape yourself off of the ceiling as many times as I have. Press on!!!