Author Topic: New York Center feeder channels for LGA and EWR-Approaches from the South  (Read 4256 times)

Offline MarkTusa

Hey everyone-

I'm looking for the New York Center feeder channels for LGA and EWR-Approaches from the south.

NY Center channels just prior to handing off to LGA and EWR formal approach controls.

In the "old" days (I'm 61) it used to be Robbinsville and Woodstown with vectors going in as such.

Thank you!

Mark

Offline JetScan1

Washington Center 125.450 (LGA)
Washington Center 132.525 (EWR)

The sectors combine at 125.450 when it's not that busy. Both frequencies are covered by LiveATC.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 11:33:37 AM by JetScan1 »

Offline MarkTusa

Thank you so much JetScan1, I am glad to hear they are on Liveatc here. Time to tune in.

Mark

Offline JetScan1

Thank you so much JetScan1, I am glad to hear they are on Liveatc here. Time to tune in.

You'll find that most of the time the 2 sectors are combined and when this is the case it's far better to monitor the 132.525 feed as it's usually cross-coupled with 125.450, so you will hear the aircraft on both frequencies and the controller reception is excellent. The reception on the 125.450 feed is not as good, controller reception is intermittent and it will be blocked by the controller on 132.050 when it is active.

Offline diskus

Can someone point me to the feed for these frequencies? Im habing a hard time findining them thanks

Offline MarkTusa

You'll find that most of the time the 2 sectors are combined and when this is the case it's far better to monitor the 132.525 feed as it's usually cross-coupled with 125.450, so you will hear the aircraft on both frequencies and the controller reception is excellent. The reception on the 125.450 feed is not as good, controller reception is intermittent and it will be blocked by the controller on 132.050 when it is active.

Yes, I noticed that when monitoring yesterday when I switched between frequencies. They were very busy around midday. One more Jetscan1 if I may, the south approach for JFK? Is that NY Center or Wash center? I remember they used to give descent coordinates over Atlantic city or the Sates-sp? intersection.- to cross at 11,000 then handoff to JFK approach control. I "guess" they only merge Oceanic approaches on approach control?

Big, thank you as I enjoy center control monitoring. :-)

Offline MarkTusa

Can someone point me to the feed for these frequencies? Im habing a hard time findining them thanks

Hi diskus, Just plug the frequency into the search window on the left hand side and scroll down to find the correct stream link.

Pretty easy.

Offline JetScan1

One more Jetscan1 if I may, the south approach for JFK? Is that NY Center or Wash center? I remember they used to give descent coordinates over Atlantic city or the Sates-sp? intersection.- to cross at 11,000 then handoff to JFK approach control. I "guess" they only merge Oceanic approaches on approach control?

No problem, always happy to answer Center questions.

JFK arrivals via SIE.CAMRN STAR
= 118.975 New York Sector 67 Dixie Low, CAMRN at 11000, to New York Approach

JFK arrivals via PREPI.Y495.CAMRN from WATRS and NAT tracks (Oceanic).
= 133.500 New York Sector 86 Oceanic, PREPI at 12000, to 128.300 New York Sector 66 Manta, LEECY at 9000, to New York Approach

For High Altitude Charts you can check out my notes in the "ARTCC/FIR/TRACON Maps" Forum

https://forums.liveatc.net/artccfirtracon-maps/high-altitude-chart-zny-zdc-zjx-zma/

Offline MarkTusa

One more Jetscan1 if I may, the south approach for JFK? Is that NY Center or Wash center? I remember they used to give descent coordinates over Atlantic city or the Sates-sp? intersection.- to cross at 11,000 then handoff to JFK approach control. I "guess" they only merge Oceanic approaches on approach control?

No problem, always happy to answer Center questions.

JFK arrivals via SIE.CAMRN STAR
= 118.975 New York Sector 67 Dixie Low, CAMRN at 11000, to New York Approach

JFK arrivals via PREPI.Y495.CAMRN from WATRS and NAT tracks (Oceanic).
= 133.500 New York Sector 86 Oceanic, PREPI at 12000, to 128.300 New York Sector 66 Manta, LEECY at 9000, to New York Approach

For High Altitude Charts you can check out my notes in the "ARTCC/FIR/TRACON Maps" Forum

https://forums.liveatc.net/artccfirtracon-maps/high-altitude-chart-zny-zdc-zjx-zma/

Thank you again, JetScan1. All these frequencies will keep me busy with monitoring as we enter weather problem season.

Offline diskus

Hi diskus, Just plug the frequency into the search window on the left hand side and scroll down to find the correct stream link.

Pretty easy.

Thanks for the help. i tried a frequency search, but doesnt seem to work on my app version. Can someone offer the name of the feed?

Offline alphazulu

Re: New York Center feeder channels for LGA and EWR-Approaches from the South
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 09:20:43 AM »
132.525 ZDC Sector 18 (Dupont) (KEWR)
125.450 ZDC19/53 Kenton/Woodstown (KLGA)
118.975 ZNY Sector 67 (Dixie) (KJFK) (SIE.CAMRN STAR)
133.500 ZNY ATL86 Sector > 128.300 ZNY Sector 66 MANTA (KJFK) (Oceanic)

[from Jetscan's research]