Author Topic: New KDSM feed?  (Read 5553 times)

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
New KDSM feed?
« on: August 06, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
Hi Dave. I don't remember there being a feed from Des Moines but was glad to find it! But the audio quality is very poor with a static-laden high-pitched screech preventing any useful listening.
If I may make a suggestion: to remove the ZAU/ZMP feeds or isolate them so people interested in just hearing airport traffic can do so?

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
Re: New KDSM feed?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:06:48 AM »
Hmm. Wrong on both accounts. Apparently this feed has been around for a few years; and since I was there in person this Sunday I can attest that the high-pitched whine is at the airport and not introduced by the feed!

Thanks for providing it!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation!

Offline qsecofr

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:08:11 PM »
I do agree with the suggestion to separate ZAU/ZMP  from KDSM.  I like to use the feed during instrument flights, and to go back and listen again to things I had questions about.  It's annoying to be listening to something local and get stepped on by "American XXX 360 Smooth Ride"

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
I do agree with the suggestion to separate ZAU/ZMP  from KDSM.  I like to use the feed during instrument flights, and to go back and listen again to things I had questions about.  It's annoying to be listening to something local and get stepped on by "American XXX 360 Smooth Ride"

Duly noted.  But right now it is not possible due to equipment limitations.  If you would like to provide a separate feed with KDSM Tower and Approach, or Approach only, please get in touch!

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »
I have a second scanner but live 20 miles north of Des Moines so I can't get the local traffic. If I feed ZUA and ZMP could we remove them from the DSM feed? Would I need any more equipment than I already have?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
I have a second scanner but live 20 miles north of Des Moines so I can't get the local traffic. If I feed ZUA and ZMP could we remove them from the DSM feed? Would I need any more equipment than I already have?

Can you hear the Center controllers or just the planes?  If the former, then it would be great.  If not, not so great.  So if not, then I will see what else we can do to get some separation but could take a while.

Thanks for offering!

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 03:07:19 PM »
ah true. The latter. I'll see if I can find some friends who live near the airport.