airtraffic

Author Topic: Need some help...  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Shappie

Need some help...
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »
Hello all,

I don't know if this is the right place for this but I wanted to give it a shot.

I have been an avid listener for some time and I thought this would be a good place to post my questions.

I have always been fascinated with airport operations, specifically the people in the tower getting planes into the air and down from the air.  I was one of those kids who always listened to the pilot's radio channel whenever I could, and still do online as much as possible.  (Go KDSM Des Moines!)

I was wondering how someone can get into this type of job, working in an airport tower?  I read articles in the news saying the Air Traffic Control system as a whole needs fresh blood, so to speak, before more people start to retire than they are hiring in a year.

I look at different schools and they all seem to have different ways to go about doing it.  I'm a 27 year college graduate so I know my time is running out.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks all and long live LiveATC!

--Justin

Offline rosie

Re: Need some help...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:55:40 AM »
Look at www.faa.gov, on the upper right hand side of the home page there is a link to "how to be an air traffic controller"

Good luck