airtraffic

Author Topic: My all time favorite aircraft receiver, PRO-136 on clearance for $16!  (Read 6291 times)

Offline uplink

• PPL ASEL, SOCAL AREA
    • SOCAL TRACON/VAN NUYS APPROACH
As a pilot and amateur radio operator, I have been through alot of tranceivers and scanners, this one has always stood out, it's a base scanner with exceptional sensitivity and selectivity especially in the aircraft band, and very clean loud audio.

If you live near an airport, now there's no excuse not to be a live streamer here on liveatc.net! :-D Radio shack is clearing them out as an in store special only, found 3 of them around my area.   Do a zip code search to find one in stock near you :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:12:32 PM by uplink »

Offline AFranco

16$? Wow, I wish we could have prices like that in Portugal. Does radioshack ship to Portugal? That would be awesome, I could add some more feeds @ LPPT.

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Uplink - Thanks for the tip!

Offline kkjlai

Oh!!!  Makes me want to drive down to the States and pick a few up!!  Too bad the crossing the border maybe exceptionally long this weekend

Offline kc135dood

• http://fstankers.freeforums.org/
Pro-136 is one of the ultimate... where I work for whatever reason they two in the same room, and two in the tower.  Goodness.. I'm going to look into scanners again.  Even when I was so close to selling the one which provides the DTW feed now!  Getting back into this again.. what a difference when your have an external antenna!

Just picked one up!  I think the Pro-135 is the kind they have at work as this one is a little larger.. and nicer!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:12:25 PM by kc135dood »

Offline uplink

• PPL ASEL, SOCAL AREA
    • SOCAL TRACON/VAN NUYS APPROACH
I should also add that it's even PC programmable, and can run on internal AA batteries as well.  Excellent for weather alerts during power failures, or just as a tabletop radio for camping.  Not bad for $16 bucks.

Offline alphazulu

Unfortuantly, I am not having any luck finding a R.S. store in my area that has any remaining Pro-136 in stock. If anyone has any leads of a store in a ~200+ miles of radius of the Finger Lakes Region of New York that has a few of these Pro-136, that would be greatly appreciated! The Radioshack website search by store option states that some regional Shacks have remaining 136's, however placing a call to the store proves otherwise. Uplink, thank you for the heads up! ... A great radio at a great price.

p.s. - these scanners would be for personal use and as gift(s).