airtraffic

Author Topic: Miami?  (Read 25637 times)

Offline c172pilot7

Miami?
« on: December 28, 2004, 12:04:44 PM »
Does anyone know anything about a current or future Maimi ground/tower feed, or even approach?  It would be excellent to have one there or even up at FLL or PBI.  Thanks.
Dave

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
Miami?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 03:16:48 PM »
I have a friend down in Miami who's interested in getting a feed going there.  He just needs to get off his duff and pick up the hardware.

Offline c172pilot7

Miami?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 06:26:12 PM »
Excellent.  I'm very glad to hear someone is interested in establishing one.  Miami is always an interesting place!  Thanks for the info.
Dave

Offline PHL Approach

Miami?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 10:33:02 PM »
I was supposed to be in Miami now running a test feed for MIA/FLL. But airfares out of Philly were way to expensive for the holiday season. And im really happy I didnt fly US Air  :wink: . So I'm gonna be aiming for feeds this spring when I get down there. MIA might give me some probs but. FLL will be an ease and Im sure MIA App/Dep will be easy also.

Offline AJ Long

Miami?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 07:33:57 AM »
FLL you say?! You've got my attention now! 8)  Which feeds out of FLL are you thinking of? Full TWR/GND/DEL?

Offline pcrowley

Miami?
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 09:54:06 PM »
Take a look at http://www.flyi.com  book no more then 2 days in advanced and there is a good chance you get get a one way ticket for $39.00. and that would get you to kmco.
I see a flight from KIAd to KMCo 1 way for $49.00. how's that for ya?

Offline PHL Approach

Miami?
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 07:09:34 AM »
Yes, It will be full CD/GND/TWR. I can pick them up so clearly. The house is very close, I only walk a 100 to 200 feet up to the beach and i can see the arrivals on 27R and departures on 9L. I also know I could pick up Miami Dep/App for FLL. And probably MIA App for the arrivals that follow the beach. I think it's 120. something.

I wish I could Fly Indy but like you said I would have to get to IAD. Our only LCC in Philly is SWA and they wanted like 190 for each way. In order for me to get to IAD I would have to fly a US Express Carrier and normally they charge about 300 for those short flights. I have to keep looking.   :?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Miami?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 09:58:58 AM »
Someone from Miami wrote in recently and said he has a feed but I haven't been able to connect to it since it seems his server has been down while he is away.  He isn't interested in feeding into LiveATC.net right now.  His system has a max of 6 listeners.

http://www.bigporra.com:8000

Good luck...the server is still down as of this posting.

Dave

Offline AJ Long

Miami?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 11:01:37 AM »
Quote from: PHL_Approach
Yes, It will be full CD/GND/TWR. I can pick them up so clearly. The house is very close, I only walk a 100 to 200 feet up to the beach and i can see the arrivals on 27R and departures on 9L. I also know I could pick up Miami Dep/App for FLL. And probably MIA App for the arrivals that follow the beach. I think it's 120. something.

Well looking up more info on FLL, i found out FLL has 3 APP freqs, and 3 DEP freqs, all used daily. The freqs below are the ones i've had success with pluging them into my scanner as I post now...

FORT LAUDERDALE TOWER:    119.3 - 120.2
FORT LAUDERDALE GROUND: 121.4 - 121.7
CLEARANCE DELIVERY: 128.4

MIAMI APPROACH:
118.1- this moment, being used for 9L
128.6-this moment being used for 9R
133.775-this moment being used for 13 (heard on 9L before...)

MIAMI DEPARTURE: 119.7 126.05  128.6

Offline esj

• http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~esj
Miami?
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 06:16:35 PM »
Hi, Im biffs friend Eric. I finally got off my butt and now KTMB (Kendall Tamiami, GA apt in SW metro miami area) is up and running. Enjoy

Offline PHL Approach

Miami?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 07:21:32 AM »
I'm moving down to FLL to live with my Grandparents at the end of this week. I should have something goin sometime next week. FLL is a definate, not to sure about MIA still. Anyone know where the MIA App/Dep transmitters are (not ZMA). I will only be 4 miles from FLL  :lol:

Offline AJ Long

Miami?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 06:32:37 PM »
I believe the transmitters are a few miles south of KMIA, Then again, that's the main Miami Center building here in Miami. I'm not sure of the location of any others. I had thought some were on location at FLL, but that doesn't seem to be as I could get nothing on my scanner while at FLL...

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Miami?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 09:59:31 PM »
On the phone with ED (PHL_Approach)  He does not have a current internet connection so I am dictating what he is telling me as of this moment:

I was standing at the access road at FLL by 27R where the FEC tracks are and I remember hearing Miami departure for FLL very clearly and I don't remember approach, but I definitely know I got dep. very clear.

Offline AJ Long

Miami?
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 12:04:21 AM »
VERY interesting... I've NEVER been able to pick up APP or DEP standing at the 9L ends. Do you know if the access road he is talking about is the one near the tower, or off I believe Griffin...? I may be heading out to FLL in the next few days and i'd love to finally hear APP and DEP...

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Miami?
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 07:15:13 AM »
It is the access road near the FEC railroad tracks.

Offline PHL Approach

Miami?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 07:34:22 AM »
I'm at school, but I got on :). You know that access road that goes around the entire airport, namely behind the cargo stuff and right under the approach for 27R, 27L, well it also goes under 9L, 9R. You simply go westbound on Griffin off US-1 and make a right turn onto the access road just after the Griffin/US-1 intersection, then at the access road it splits off to the 9's or the 27's, head eastbound. It will wrap you around the airport and just follow it till you reach 27R.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Miami?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 07:36:51 AM »
Thanks for getting on, Ed.

Need to talk to you later.  :D

Offline AJ Long

Miami?
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 06:42:19 PM »
Was out at FLL today. Interesting day. I was able to pick up the departure frequency on 119.7 loud and clear at both ends of 9L/27R, It also seems to double as an approach frequency for the smaller airports.  8)

Offline AJ Long

Miami?
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 08:11:05 PM »
Any updates on the possible Miami feed? I'd be interested in hearing if this feed is still a possibility  8)  No pressure or anything  :)