airtraffic

Author Topic: Memphis  (Read 13103 times)

Offline hawk4174

Memphis
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:10:25 PM »
I was wondering if theres anyone in the Memphis area that listens to this site that would be able to do a live feed from Memphis especially for us night owls seeing Memphis is Fed Ex's main hub? It just be nice if someone was there to do it and be able to listen to Memphis at night when Fed Ex is running wild!

Larry
hawk4174

Offline IndyTower

Memphis
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:16:24 PM »
I'd love to hear that too, but I'd also love to hear lots of other airports.  I realize that if someone's in the area and is willing and able to run a feed, they'll do it in due time.  Asking for a feed really won't doo much.  If the thought's in their head and they're willing to purchase the equipment and set everything up, it'll happen.  

I'll check the member list every once in a while to see where new members are from.  I'll often think, "I'd love to hear a feed from there," but I resist the urge to ask because I know they've thought about it and probably haven't done it because they don't have the time/resources. Chances are if they're on the message board and listening to the feeds, they've considered it.

Offline PHL Approach

Memphis
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 01:40:43 PM »
Funny you should mention FedEx and MEM. I just found this time lapse thing of 25hrs of FDX operations.

Sometimes I laugh when I think about how we can get a Lewisberg, WV or say a Lansing, MI feed. But not ATL, ORD, LAX (Just SCT or TWR), and MIA. (Im talking to a controller that Im friends with that lives next to MIA, he's interested in feeding, we'll see what becomes) But it's wierd that we cant get one single person to feed in a huge metropolis that of Atlanta or Chicago, but we can find someone that wants to run an Ohio ASOS feed (long gone now).... It's just funny.

Offline Sirclown82

Memphis
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:55:45 PM »
How sweet was that. Where in the world did you get that. The music with it just added to the show.

Chris :D

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
Memphis
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 03:55:03 PM »
Quote from: PHL_Approach
Funny you should mention FedEx and MEM. I just found this time lapse thing of 25hrs of FDX operations.

Very Nice, I knew FedEx was busy but that really illustrates the point.

Offline jhjemvick

• http://www.5urrealism.com
Memphis
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 05:59:24 PM »
Quote from: PHL_Approach

Sometimes I laugh when I think about how we can get a Lewisberg, WV or say a Lansing, MI feed. But not ATL, ORD, LAX (Just SCT or TWR), and MIA. (Im talking to a controller that Im friends with that lives next to MIA, he's interested in feeding, we'll see what becomes) But it's wierd that we cant get one single person to feed in a huge metropolis that of Atlanta or Chicago, but we can find someone that wants to run an Ohio ASOS feed (long gone now).... It's just funny.

Joel Lesser, aka atcmonitor.com is/was working on an ATL TRACON feed.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Memphis
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 06:03:20 PM »
And San Diego will be coming on line shortly...next couple of weeks.  It is a lot of work to solicit feeds...and after having done this for a while I can tell you that the best feeds, regardless of where they are from, are the ones run by dedicated individuals who are really into this stuff.  

Some of the other feeds, like Philly, have been arranged with airport authorities through a volunteer, but that takes a bit of work.

The larger cities will come in time.

-dave

Offline hawk4174

Memphis
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 04:55:58 AM »
Yes, Memphis would be awesome as a feed seeing we already have a feeder for Louisville(SDF) which is UPS's mega hubs!

hawk4174

Offline hawk4174

Memphis
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 09:11:23 AM »
Chicago O'Hare(ORD) does have a link but its on another web site

Offline clyde

Memphis
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 12:17:07 PM »
I everyone I'm just looking for some french radio communications...
I check in Paris or Air France airport web sites but I can't find nothing about radio communications. If somebody could help me please?

Clyde

stardelapop@hotmail.com

Offline IndyTower

Memphis
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 01:47:45 PM »

Offline clyde

Memphis
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 02:02:25 PM »
Tanks every ones!