Author Topic: memphis feed?  (Read 31051 times)

Offline smokey0458

Re: memphis feed?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »
a real newbie here, have been listening to live atc mobile but didn't know you had a forum, This is great having Memphis up, my kids are all down at Ole Miss and now I can track their flights back and forth from MEM to PWM.... yeeee haaaa. thanks for all the work to get this  up and running.  :-D

Offline ridge

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
Has anyone had any success listening to the archive streams from KMEM ? I just get a "File Not Found" message.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »
Has anyone had any success listening to the archive streams from KMEM ? I just get a "File Not Found" message.

Glitch on this end...archiving will start at 4pm EST today.

Offline N53020

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Hey dave the feed is down and I'm starting to FREAK! what's the problem? MPD took it down I bet...

Offline cstefano

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »
Hey dave the feed is down and I'm starting to FREAK! what's the problem? MPD took it down I bet...

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/feed-outagestatus-reports/kmem-feed-status/

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 07:32:05 PM »
It's always good to do a bit more reading and a lot less freaking. 

This feed is being enhanced so it might be best to go do something else fun for a few hours or a few days.  :-)

Dave

Offline N53020

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
Ah ok then sorry

Offline dmaviation

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
Where is your antenna, not receiving any emergency ground vehicle transmissions while they are on the field.  Not complaining, just asking.  You may be too far away to pick up ground traffic.  Also, I tried to restrict Memphis to 1 frequency but still seem to be getting apch too.  Scanner must be in use for all freq.

Thanks for what you do have, clarity is still a bit scratchy.

Great job though!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
Where is your antenna, not receiving any emergency ground vehicle transmissions while they are on the field.  Not complaining, just asking.  You may be too far away to pick up ground traffic.  Also, I tried to restrict Memphis to 1 frequency but still seem to be getting apch too.  Scanner must be in use for all freq.

Great job though!

Too far away to pick up ground coms, for sure.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 01:48:21 AM »

Great job though!

I host this site.  Thanks for your comments!
All of KMEM is off one scanner.  The currently location of the equipment is at my house, which is too far from the airport for most ground traffic, but occasionally I have picked it up depending on the weather (Just Planes getting take-off clearance).
In the works is moving the antennae and host computer to my parent's house which is within about six miles of KMEM.  This should hopefully improve overall clarity and perhaps pick up a little more ground traffic.  I will be doing my best to get this done before the first of the year, but I have a lot of traveling going on this month.  Please check out my feed status thread for the latest updates.

Offline N53020

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
I live under the short final approach path for runway 27 at MEM but can't get a scanner atm. Do you know how much coverage the ZME uses? Half the flights I try to catch if they're going KIAH - EDDF passing by LIT in the ZME airspace I usually don't hear them or I do hear them depends where they're at....just asking.

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
If you live close to MEM airport you should have no problem hearing aircraft on ZME frequencies 118.62 or 133.12.  Both of those transmitter sites are located at memphis and the traffic on those frequencies is usually routed over MEM.  On the evening and midnight configurations you would hear the controller but you may not the aircraft as they are probably on different frequencies.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
Good news everyone!  I officially got the "clearance" from my parents to move the Memphis scanner rig over to their house.  This will put the Memphis feeds within about 3.5 miles of the airport and right under the southern approach path.  I will hopefully have this work scheduled for next week.  Please check my feed status page for the latest and when this will be scheduled exactly.  My goal is Sunday or Monday of next week, but I should have something more concrete in the next couple days.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »
Awesome! Thanks!  8-)

Offline bugalou

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
I got the setup moved today.  Reception is definitely better, I even managed to hear a few take off clearances from the tower.
Please feel free to PM me, or reply to status thread with feedback.  I may need to fine tune the squelch a little bit so just let me know your thoughts!

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 05:28:30 PM »
Awesome!