airtraffic

Author Topic: Louisville (SDF) Feed  (Read 8241 times)

Offline hawk4174

Louisville (SDF) Feed
« on: October 15, 2005, 07:16:27 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone else is expierencing static when listening to Louisville's SDF Feed? :(

Every morning when I go to listen to it there's nothing but staatic on it but intermitantly it'll go away for a few seconds but return again but I still can here them talking although the static gets annoying after a while.

Thanks,
hawk4174

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Louisville (SDF) Feed
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:25:59 AM »
Sounds like some local man-made noise.  There's a simple solution...listen to another feed!  There isn't a shortage. :-)

I'll drop the feeder an email...not sure he visits the forums.

In the future there will be a way to contact feeders directly but the feeder will have to "opt-in" to the service.

-dave

Offline hawk4174

Louisville (SDF) Feed
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 08:40:07 AM »
Dave,

I usually do listen to another feed after a few minutes cause the static gets annoying after a few. Its just I enjoy SDF's feed cause I enjoy hearing UPS lauching early in the morning.

Have you had anyone in the Memphis area willing to feed Memphis? It would be a nice feed to hear "Fed Ex" at night.

Whatever happened to that San Diego feed you said was going live awhile ago!

hawk4174

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Louisville (SDF) Feed
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 08:43:55 AM »
Quote from: hawk4174
Dave,

[snip]

Have you had anyone in the Memphis area willing to feed Memphis? It would be a nice feed to hear "Fed Ex" at night.

Whatever happened to that San Diego feed you said was going live awhile ago!

hawk4174

I should just learn to keep my mouth shut.  Every time I mention any sort of possible feed I get flooded with emails and postings.  Put yourself in my place...wouldn't you get tired of it?  Hint.  :-)

-dave

Offline digger

Louisville (SDF) Feed
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 09:22:23 AM »
Hey, Dave, I'm really looking forward to the Starfleet subspace radio network feed!! How soon are you going to have that one up?? Can you have it by Tuesday?

Dave?

Dave?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline dwhite

Louisville (SDF) Feed
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 01:56:10 PM »
Interference should be corrected now.  Squelch was accidentally reset.

Offline dwhite

Louisville Feed
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 09:09:17 PM »
Replaced the hard drive on the laptop.  Kept trying to reboot itself and failed.  Hope the new hard drive helps

Offline stealth71

Louisville (SDF) Feed
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 01:08:05 AM »
Hey, Dave, I'm really looking forward to the Starfleet subspace radio network feed!! How soon are you going to have that one up?? Can you have it by Tuesday?

Digger, there was a post about that before. The problem is a Chronoton particle field eminating from the D-layer of the subspace temporal region of the EM band. You could hear the transmission, but it would be from 1954.